Recommended apartments in Claremont & your personal opinions/experiences

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by coolness, Apr 27, 2004.

1. coolness

coolness Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

For current COMPers that are living in Claremont, what apartments do you recommend? What are your personal good/bad opinions/experiences? Also, if you do not recommend living in Claremont, where do you recommend (and what apartment complexes)?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey coolness, are you going to COMP next year? I like your name. I used to go by the name of Slickness which is very similar to yours. Rock on... :smuggrin:

If you are going to COMP, live at the Plaza. You can't beat the closeness to campus. Then again everyone will tell you not to live there because you might get shot, blah blah blah. That kind of stuff shouldn't phase us cool/slick people. :laugh:

JK. I like the plaza but everyone says it's bad so I guess I'll stay away from it.

4. coolness

coolness Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

hey adapt....yea, i'm going to attend COMP...can't wait 2 meet all you guys...at first, i thought about the Plaza, but I want to live....I prefer less than 10 minute drive to campus one way...but i also prefer a safe apartment, safe city, 1 bedroom apartment...

p.s. slickness is a cool name, much better than mine

5. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

You should look into Plum Tree apartments and El Sereno in Claremont. Both are 8 minutes from campus and go for around $850 for a studio.

6. madeit

madeit Junior Member

If you are going to consider moving into any of the apartments in Claremont on San Jose, you might as well live in Pomona. Claremont is a beautiful city and also a very safe one, with the exception of any of those apartments on San jose. I am not saying they are bad, just that you probably wouldn't be better of than living in pomona (as san jose is a few blocks from pomona). Apartment complexes you may want to consider are on Indian Hill and Foothill and Claremont Blvd. and Foothill. Just thought I'd put in my two cents.

7. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

What apartments on San Jose are you talking about? Are these the ones by the Claremont colleges that I mentioned in my previous post?

8. madeit

madeit Junior Member

I'm am not sure of the names of the different apartment complexes. The claremont colleges are probably one of the most beautiful area of Claremont, but San Jose is not all that close to them. Especially the location of the apartments I believe you are referring to. As far as I know, there are no apartment complexes east of indian hill on san jose. The only apartments I know of are West of Indian Hill and those really aren't that close to the Claremont Colleges. If you haven't seen the apartments before I would definitely check out the area. I just wanted to kind of warn you that just because the apartments are in Claremont does not mean they are in a nice area (in fact San Jose is directly next to the I-10, which I would imagine would be quite noisy having a freeway as your backyard).

9. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

Well I visited the area and about 1 mile from the Claremont colleges near the little college plaza they have, there is a street with some apartments including El Sereno, Plum Tree, Claremont Palms, and I think 2 other apartments. The area is decent and a lot of Claremont and Western students live there.

I've never heard of San Jose so the apartments I'm talking about are not there.

10. Dr.ImCute

Dr.ImCute Member
    5+ Year Member

how come no one ever mentions diamond bar city? or walnut, or chino hills?
    diamond bar is soooooooooooooo close to western! (thats where I live with my parents). diamond bar blvd actually turns into mission blvd, then you hit western on your left. plus dude, no crime. snoop dogg lives in diamond bar! you can't go wrong... hehe.

anyway, cal state pomona campus is also superrrrrrrrr close to the comp campus, and there are tons of apts that they suggest around the campus.

also, if you live east of campus, you will hit traffic coming to school in the morning. (just a tip, but I dont know during what times n' such).

11. chilipina

chilipina Member
    7+ Year Member

If anybody is interested in apartments in Chino Hills, PM me.

THE SUMMIT
    THE MISSIONS
    GREEN VALLEY APTS
    PORTOFINO APTS
    EAGLE CANYON APTS
    WOODVIEW APTS

these are all apt complexes in chino hills. i live in the summit. a smaller complex than others, but i like it. lots of 1st and 2nd year COMP students live in MISSIONS (its brand new and really nice; but a bit pricey); i know classmates who live in all the other places too; just depends on what amenities, $$$ range, and car port status u want.

Chino Hills is awesome. its got everything u need. and its a nice area. 10-15 minute drive to COMP. let me know if i can be of any help with housing, questions about first year, etc. i moved here from boston and knew nothing about anything anywhere in california - so i know the stress. good luck!