Recommended CME conference Internal Medicine/Primary Care?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shuey123

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an internist (completed IM boards one year ago) working in primary care and would like to attend a CME conference geared for internal medicine update/primary care. There are so many options online, its difficult to decide among them. A few notable courses that I'm considering are:

Columbia University-has a board review with internal medicine update- course sounds great, if somewhat intense, but only 45 minutes on Diabetes!!
AAFP- has multiple courses- mostly geared toward family medicine- sounds like great option though.
Harvard University- has an internal medicine course- pretty expensive ($1,700).

Also considering taking the ACP board review course (IM conference was already in March), perhaps the course will help with general knowledge to better my practice as well.

Any ideas, recommendations, or feedback from any of these or other courses?

Members don't see this ad.

I would not take "a course" unless you have failed the ABIM exam and need to retake it. I would just co to a CME conference. The ACP conference is huge but can be quite good. It was just 2 weeks ago, the next one is in May 2017. They also have regional meetings that are OK. Looks like they are selling audio recordings of the meeting -- not cheap, but also means you save on all the travel expenses and hassle. One of the problems with ACP is that it is amazingly huge -- there are multiple simultaneous sessions and you'll want to consider asking someone who has been before for advice of how to navigate.

SGIM is also a good meeting, tends to be more academic/research focused.

Pri-Med is the other one I have attended in the past. Can't beat the price, it used to be free. Now looks like it's $35. Ridic amount of advertising, which I just avoided. Haven't been in years, so don't know about quality now but was reasonably good.

I am an internist (completed IM boards one year ago) working in primary care and would like to attend a CME conference geared for internal medicine update/primary care. There are so many options online, its difficult to decide among them. A few notable courses that I'm considering are:

Columbia University-has a board review with internal medicine update- course sounds great, if somewhat intense, but only 45 minutes on Diabetes!!
AAFP- has multiple courses- mostly geared toward family medicine- sounds like great option though.
Harvard University- has an internal medicine course- pretty expensive ($1,700).

Also considering taking the ACP board review course (IM conference was already in March), perhaps the course will help with general knowledge to better my practice as well.

Any ideas, recommendations, or feedback from any of these or other courses?

Hi, I'm I. The same situation as you. Did you end up finding anything good?