Recommended Qs to ask my Pre-Health Adviser

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PATSmedicalFAN

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm meeting my Pre-Health Adviser at my university tomorrow for the first time and was wondering what specific questions I should be asking her.

Any advice will help!
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm meeting my Pre-Health Adviser at my university tomorrow for the first time and was wondering what specific questions I should be asking her.

Any advice will help!
Thanks
Ask her if going to med school in the Caribbean is a good idea. If she says yes...RUN as fast as you can!

Reactions: 1 users
Have you read the AMCAS manual?

If the answer is no... RUN as fast as you can!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have your interests and goals in mind and ask what they would recommend as far as getting involved in something you would be interested in.

Figure out if they're worth a damn or not ASAP. Advisors are like weathermen, they can say anything and still be right. It could rain, or it could not rain.

Anytime I've asked my advisor something, he's said "Well, that could happen, or it could not happen." As of that appointment, Goro has been my advisor.

Reactions: 4 users
I find the historic average profile/acceptance rate of students applying from your school to be a useful thing to know. For anti-neurotic purposes really.

Reactions: 1 user
What they might be able to help you with is come up with a basic schedule/plan for your time in school. This might help you get what you need done at a pace that works for you best. Please look at pre-med requirement pages at two or three schools that you'd like to go to - this could give you a basic idea of the stuff you need before you show up there.