All Branch Topic (ABT) Recommended state license and malpractice insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Incis0r

I LOVE Dental School
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions for military dentists

1. Does anyone have a recommendation as far as which state's licensure to apply for? The military accepts any state, but I'm wondering if there is a clear best choice to go for.

2. Some states require proof of malpractice insurance before granting licensure, yet the military does not require malpractice insurance - what's the best way to negotiate this obstacle?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Couple of questions for military dentists

1. Does anyone have a recommendation as far as which state's licensure to apply for? The military accepts any state, but I'm wondering if there is a clear best choice to go for.

2. Some states require proof of malpractice insurance before granting licensure, yet the military does not require malpractice insurance - what's the best way to negotiate this obstacle?
1.) Whichever state you want to live in after you get out.

2.) If you want to moonlight, get malpractice insurance when you're ready and have gotten permission to do so.

Reactions: 1 users
1. Don't apply for a state license that is free/reduced cost. Air force used to be able to get away with fee-reduced licenses, but under DHA that is no longer the case

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1.) Whichever state you want to live in after you get out.

2.) If you want to moonlight, get malpractice insurance when you're ready and have gotten permission to do so.

Thank you!

1. Don't apply for a state license that is free/reduced cost. Air force used to be able to get away with fee-reduced licenses, but under DHA that is no longer the case

Thank you - I'll keep this in mind.

Utah has a cheap dental license. I think it’s $130 and $60 to renew every two years.

Big Hoss

Thank you!