All Branch Topic (ABT) Recommended state license and malpractice insurance

Incis0r

I LOVE Dental School
7+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2014
Alterac Valley
    Couple of questions for military dentists

1. Does anyone have a recommendation as far as which state's licensure to apply for? The military accepts any state, but I'm wondering if there is a clear best choice to go for.

2. Some states require proof of malpractice insurance before granting licensure, yet the military does not require malpractice insurance - what's the best way to negotiate this obstacle?

Reactions: 1 user

Tooth Ferry

5+ Year Member
    Army
    Feb 4, 2015
    It's Wicked Cold
    1. Dentist
      Couple of questions for military dentists

1. Does anyone have a recommendation as far as which state's licensure to apply for? The military accepts any state, but I'm wondering if there is a clear best choice to go for.

2. Some states require proof of malpractice insurance before granting licensure, yet the military does not require malpractice insurance - what's the best way to negotiate this obstacle?
      1.) Whichever state you want to live in after you get out.

2.) If you want to moonlight, get malpractice insurance when you're ready and have gotten permission to do so.

Reactions: 1 users
      About the Ads

Incis0r

I LOVE Dental School
      7+ Year Member
      Aug 10, 2014
      Alterac Valley
        1.) Whichever state you want to live in after you get out.

2.) If you want to moonlight, get malpractice insurance when you're ready and have gotten permission to do so.

Thank you!

1. Don't apply for a state license that is free/reduced cost. Air force used to be able to get away with fee-reduced licenses, but under DHA that is no longer the case

Thank you - I'll keep this in mind.

Utah has a cheap dental license. I think it’s $130 and $60 to renew every two years.

Big Hoss

Thank you!

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.