Recommended text resources for FM/Peds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BunnyMan17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used step-up for IM/first aid for psych and appreciated having a condensed resource to read through over the course of the rotation. Does anyone have recommendations for FM/Peds? Or are texts even necessary for them?

Members don't see this ad.

Harriet Lane Handbook for Pediatrics was a great resource during my rotation! A lot of resident rooms had it lying around, so I didn't need to buy a personal copy.

Are you looking for shelf study materials or a clinical resource that can be referenced on wards?

For FM, the ambulatory section of Step Up to Medicine was helpful.

Harriet Lane Handbook for Pediatrics was a great resource during my rotation! A lot of resident rooms had it lying around, so I didn't need to buy a personal copy.

Are you looking for shelf study materials or a clinical resource that can be referenced on wards?

For FM, the ambulatory section of Step Up to Medicine was helpful.
I was thinking more along the lines of shelf study material, I've got a copy of pocket primary care and medicine that have been pretty useful on the wards so far.