Recommended undergrad anatomy/physiology electives???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EricCSU

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a sophomore in my undergrad right now, and I just changed my major from Health to Sports Medicine. This took 22 credits out of my curriculum, but I will still have to graduate in 5 years. I have the opportunity to minor in anatomy and neurobiology as well as an emphasis in human physiology. This would include picking three classes from the following:
Human Gross Anatomy II (I'm already taking I)
Pharmacology
Endocrinology
Histology
Neuroanatomy
Muscle and Nerve Toxins and Disease
Disorders and Diseases of the Brain
Celluar Neurobiology
Cardiopulmonary Physiology
Mammalian Physiology I (graduate course)

Now, these are all undergrad courses, so they wouldn't be as comprehensive as a med school course. I'm asking med students out there what would be the most helpful to me in the event that I went to med school. All imput will be helpful. Thank you and have a great day.

Members don't see this ad.

All of the courses listed will help but I would suggest taking Neuroanatomy and Pharmacology. It is never to early to start memorizing those drugs. I would check with the Neuro professor and ask him/her which of the Neuro courses focuses on Lesions in the Brain and Cord. This would be most helpful to you.