Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

recording internet radio/pandora?

Discussion in 'Tech: Medical Apps, iOS, Android, medical devices' started by Long Dong, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Long Dong

Long Dong My middle name is Duc.
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    So I've downloaded all kinds of audio capture devices total record, roxio, pandora's jar etc. The recordings all sound like crap, is it my sound card. The source is a mic on my lap top. Do I need to get a sound card for better quality, can that even be done for a lap top. Please help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. broken tibula

broken tibula mostly sleeping
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Most microphones on laptops aren't very good, because they're usually only used for things like Skype and IM. Also, the quality of your speakers is probably not great, either. Buying a high-quality microphone from RadioShack or BestBuy, or high-quality external speakers, would improve the sound of your audio. Getting a better sound card could help, too, but not as much, and it would also be quite expensive because laptops aren't something you can just crack open and fiddle around with--you'd have to send it to the manufacturer. However, no matter what you do, you're never going to get it as good as it is on the CD.

Out of curiosity, why don't you just download the music?

4. Long Dong

Long Dong My middle name is Duc.
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I have an eclectic taste in music, I like electronic dance (electro, techno, breakbeats) most of the artist are unknown. I'm from California and moved out to the midwest to a small town and lets say the radio station are playing the stuff a few months/years behind. If I knew some of the artist I would download but i just want to record internet radio so I can listen to in my car when I do drive to the city (70 minute drive) on weekends. Internet radio and pandora keeps up on new music. Got any other suggestions.

5. broken tibula

broken tibula mostly sleeping
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    This

#4 broken tibula, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2009
  6. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Closing thread. Discussion of recording of copyright material is a violation of copyright diversion laws.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.