Technology recording internet radio/pandora?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Dong

My middle name is Duc.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've downloaded all kinds of audio capture devices total record, roxio, pandora's jar etc. The recordings all sound like crap, is it my sound card. The source is a mic on my lap top. Do I need to get a sound card for better quality, can that even be done for a lap top. Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

Most microphones on laptops aren't very good, because they're usually only used for things like Skype and IM. Also, the quality of your speakers is probably not great, either. Buying a high-quality microphone from RadioShack or BestBuy, or high-quality external speakers, would improve the sound of your audio. Getting a better sound card could help, too, but not as much, and it would also be quite expensive because laptops aren't something you can just crack open and fiddle around with--you'd have to send it to the manufacturer. However, no matter what you do, you're never going to get it as good as it is on the CD.

Out of curiosity, why don't you just download the music?

Most microphones on laptops aren't very good, because they're usually only used for things like Skype and IM. Also, the quality of your speakers is probably not great, either. Buying a high-quality microphone from RadioShack or BestBuy, or high-quality external speakers, would improve the sound of your audio. Getting a better sound card could help, too, but not as much, and it would also be quite expensive because laptops aren't something you can just crack open and fiddle around with--you'd have to send it to the manufacturer. However, no matter what you do, you're never going to get it as good as it is on the CD.

Out of curiosity, why don't you just download the music?

I have an eclectic taste in music, I like electronic dance (electro, techno, breakbeats) most of the artist are unknown. I'm from California and moved out to the midwest to a small town and lets say the radio station are playing the stuff a few months/years behind. If I knew some of the artist I would download but i just want to record internet radio so I can listen to in my car when I do drive to the city (70 minute drive) on weekends. Internet radio and pandora keeps up on new music. Got any other suggestions.

Members don't see this ad :)
This

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.