1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Recruitment??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by smid, Aug 19, 2002.

1. smid

smid Member
    7+ Year Member

Is there a very los applicant pool this year?
    I got a letter from Wahington University (in Saint Louis) saying please apply to our school blah blah blah. Weird. I also got something from some podiatry school. I thought I checked off the box on my MCAT that said I DIDN'T want to be contacted.
    I'm thinking maybe there are not a lot of applicants this year? Maybe I should apply to Wash U? :) Or become a podiatrist!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    wash u thread

here's a thread on those wash u letters from this weekend. there's some insight from some first years on here

4. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

They send those out EVERY year. It's a lot of things, but it definitely isn't a sign of a low number of applicants. And podiatry schools send those out a couple of times a year...

5. smid

smid Member
    7+ Year Member

I actually did hear that it's really low this year (lower than usual). And I'm definitely NOT applying to Wash U. I'm not into Saint Louis. I just thought it was funny because it's just one money grubby thing after another with these schools. Like Northwestern makes you pay BEFORE you see the secondary I heard. That's so crazy. Plus all the deadlines they give for turning in secondaries. Forget trying to take a vacation! I guess it's their way of weeding.