Recursos para aprender el espanol medico

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexandertg6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Conozco a recursos como diccionarios y libros, pero busco un recurso libre por el internet que tiene una parte de audio. ¿Han encontrado Uds. a un recurso como así? Estoy seguro que existen, el problema es que no sé dónde están. Gracias!

Members don't see this ad.

Conozco a recursos como diccionarios y libros, pero busco un recurso libre por el internet que tiene una parte de audio. ¿Han encontrado Uds. a un recurso como así? Estoy seguro que existen, el problema es que no sé dónde están. Gracias!

Ayyy, hay otros pre-médicos aquí que están interesados en el "latino health" y también en el español como lenguaje?! Por desgracia, no conozco ningunos sitios de web que tienen audio además de texto: simplemente quería hacer un post para expresar cuán emocionado estuve al oír que hubiera otros pre-médicos aquí que también quieren entrelazar el español con la medicina!! El próximo semestre (que consiste en un mes solito), voy a tomar un curso de "Spanish for the Health Sciences", que nos expondrá a varios aspectos de la medicina del mundo hispanohablante, y que también alentará investigaciones en la carrera del salud público.

Pero, de todos modos, estás abierto tú a correcciones de gramática? Tienes cantidad pequeña de ellas, pero mejorar es mejorar!

YAY SPANISH :D

Lol_que.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)

Ok let's see what I can come up with:

En mi escuela tenemos una clase que se llama "Medical Spanish", quizas tu escuela tiene una misma clase? No se. Si no, preguntas en las universidad comunidades de tu pueblo. No pienso que es aunque libres recurso en el internet.

4yrs ftw.

Ayyy, hay otros pre-médicos aquí que están interesados en el "latino health" y también en el español como lenguaje?! Por desgracia, no conozco ningunos sitios de web que tienen audio además de texto: simplemente quería hacer un post para expresar cuán emocionado estuve al oír que hubiera otros pre-médicos aquí que también quieren entrelazar el español con la medicina!! El próximo semestre (que consiste en un mes solito), voy a tomar un curso de "Spanish for the Health Sciences", que nos expondrá a varios aspectos de la medicina del mundo hispanohablante, y que también alentará investigaciones en la carrera del salud público.

Pero, de todos modos, estás abierto tú a correcciones de gramática? Tienes cantidad pequeña de ellas, pero mejorar es mejorar!

YAY SPANISH :D

Si estuviera un hablante nativo, no preguntaría sobre el aprendizaje de español médico, pues claro que estoy abierto a correcciones de gramática. Quiero mejorar por todas maneras. No soy estudiante en ese momento, por eso no puedo tomar una clase de "Spanish for Healthcare Professionals" o algo así. La meta es hablar con pacientes en una escena clínica sin la necesidad de un traductor. Hoy en día hay muchos inmigrantes hispanohablantes por casi todas partes. Es nuestro responsabilidad de facilitar comunicación con ellos.

Last edited:
Quesadillas sombrero enchilada cafeteria. Dinero rodeo fiesta.

:cool:

Reactions: 1 user
Sprechen Sie Spanisch im Deutsche?

:confused: What the hell.... Now sdn too??? They took er Jerbsss!!!!

"Gracias para vivar en la casa, en las escuelas y la azul marcada. Tienes con bibir en las fotuatsa, and gracias!"

Members don't see this ad :)
Dis hurr is uhmerica and we speak uhmericane.

Buenas tardes :)

"Gracias para vivar en la casa, en las escuelas y la azul marcada. Tienes con bibir en las fotuatsa, and gracias!"

+1 for Bridesmaids.
The rest of you need to calmmmm downnnn.

My attempt at translation for people that are complaining:

Resources to learn medical Spanish
I know of resources like dictionaries and books, but I am looking for a free resource through the Internet that has audio. Have you all encountered a resource like this? I am sure that they exist; the problem is that I don't know where they are. Thanks!

Hey, there are other premeds here that are interested in Latino Health and also in Spanish as a language?! Unfortunately, I don't know any web sites that have audio as well as text: I simply wanted to make a post to express how excited I was upon hearing that there were other premeds here that also want to intertwine Spanish with medicine!! Next semester (only one month) I will go on a course "Spanish for the Health Sciences," that will expose us to various aspects of medicine of the Spanish-speaking world, and that will also encourage research in the career of public health.
But, anyway, are you open to grammatical corrections? You have have a small amount of them, but to improve is to improve!

Si estuviera un hablante nativo, no preguntaría sobre el aprendizaje de español médico, pues claro que estoy abierto a correcciones de gramática. Quiero mejorar por todas maneras. No soy estudiante en ese momento, por eso no puedo tomar una clase de "Spanish for Healthcare Professionals" o algo así. La meta es hablar con pacientes en una escena clínica sin la necesidad de un traductor. Hoy en día hay muchos inmigrantes hispanohablantes por casi todas partes. Es nuestro responsabilidad de facilitar comunicación con ellos.

If I were a native speaker, I would not ask about learning medical Spanish, but of course I am open to grammatical corrections. I want to improve (by all means?). I'm not a student at the moment; therefore, I can't take a "Spanish for Healthcare Professionals" class or something similar. The goal is to speak with patients in a clinical setting with needing a translator. Nowadays, there are many Spanish-speaking immigrants almost everywhere. It is our responsibility to facilitate conversation with them.

Last edited:
^exactly. I wrote it in Spanish was because when I researched this topic before creating a new thread, all of the responses were "learn Spanish first". I make grammatical errors here and there, but I can communicate perfectly fine. I am only looking for resources specifically on advanced MEDICAL SPANISH for the goal of speaking Spanish proficiently in a medical setting. I would be willing to bet there are other people in my position too who speak Spanish, but wouldnt feel comfortable seeing patients in Spanish and want to get to that point.

^exactly. I wrote it in Spanish was because when I researched this topic before creating a new thread, all of the responses were "learn Spanish first". I make grammatical errors here and there, but I can communicate perfectly fine. I am only looking for resources specifically on advanced MEDICAL SPANISH for the goal of speaking Spanish proficiently in a medical setting. I would be willing to bet there are other people in my position too who speak Spanish, but wouldnt feel comfortable seeing patients in Spanish and want to get to that point.

If you have iTunes installed on your computer, there look like there are a few free medical Spanish podcasts and some stuff on iTunesU. I don't know if it's too basic though.

My public library has a "Spanish for nurses" book and accompanying CDs. I didn't look at it because Im still learning basic spanish. I'd assume it would be applicable to any healthcare professional. Maybe you can check your public lib to see what they have to offer.
<http://www.amazon.com/McGraw-Hills-Spanish-Nurses-Practical-Communication/dp/0071439862>

Any recommendations if I wanted to learn Spanish on my own without taking a class?

Any recommendations if I wanted to learn Spanish on my own without taking a class?

I'm doing the pimsleur, rosetta stone, spanish film thing. Recently started listening to a spanish talk radio station that I found online. I began seriously trying to learn just over a year ago after taking Step 1. I was able to bumble through the posts here and get a reasonable understanding of the gist of the conversation.

That being said, I did learn French as a second language which helps. I do plan on going to Central America for a couple months next year. I believe that immersion is the best and fastest way to learn. But in the mean time I'll do what I can while I'm here.

I'm doing the pimsleur, rosetta stone, spanish film thing. Recently started listening to a spanish talk radio station that I found online. I began seriously trying to learn just over a year ago after taking Step 1. I was able to bumble through the posts here and get a reasonable understanding of the gist of the conversation.

That being said, I did learn French as a second language which helps. I do plan on going to Central America for a couple months next year. I believe that immersion is the best and fastest way to learn. But in the mean time I'll do what I can while I'm here.

Thanks! I rather learn on my own since, I really don't have time to add the credit hours to my schedule for the foreseeable future

wow, haha

What? You got something to say about us Spanish-speakers? Huh?

:)

(I actually have a few years of Spanish under my belt. I just can't pass up a thread like this...)

Donde está la biblioteca? Me llamo T-Bone La araña discoteca. Discoteca, muñeca, La biblioteca Está en bigotes grandes, el perro, manteca. Manteca, bigotes, gigante, pequeño, la cabeza es nieve, cerveza es bueno. Buenos dia. Me gusta papas frías. Los bigotes de la cabra Es Cameron Diaz.

You could always take a spanish course at your local community college.

Yo tambien hablo espanol, y una de mis metas es saber usar terminos medicos en espanol ya que quisiera ser una doctora que ayuda a la poblacion hispana. Si alguien encuentra algun recurso por el Internet, yo tambien estoy interesada. :)

Donde está la biblioteca? Me llamo T-Bone La araña discoteca. Discoteca, muñeca, La biblioteca Está en bigotes grandes, el perro, manteca. Manteca, bigotes, gigante, pequeño, la cabeza es nieve, cerveza es bueno. Buenos dia. Me gusta papas frías. Los bigotes de la cabra Es Cameron Diaz.

+1 Comunidad plg!

I looked into a book called Madrigal's Magic Key to Spanish, and it was pretty good. I got lazy and stopped studying the lessons, but I'm going to start it again soon.

Pienso que porque hablo frances también, español puede ser un poco... dificil? (Frances y español son muy similares)

Oh, y ahora leo esta libro. Pienso que puede ser útil. :)

Last edited:
I looked into a book called Madrigal's Magic Key to Spanish, and it was pretty good. I got lazy and stopped studying the lessons, but I'm going to start it again soon.

Pienso que porque hablo frances también, español puede ser un poco... dificil? (Frances y español son muy similares)

I studied French too in college, but I didnt have any problem getting the two mixed up. They are quite different grammatically, but occasionally one word will throw you a loop for a second. All in all, it isnt bad though.

I actually found Spanish easier to learn BECAUSE I speak French fluently. Some words are the exact same (dormir for example). The general grammar is similar so that's one less thing to remember. And Spanish spelling and pronunciation is waaaaaaaaaaay easier.

:thumbup: Troy and Abed for life :thumbup:

Oh you guys are soooo using Google Translator. :nono:

I just remembered meetup.com. Ppl get together and meet around some common interest. You can search the find the Spanish meetups in your area. I guess it would help with conversational Spanish, I've never been though.

Sorry for bumping a hella old thread...

But I've been looking to learn medical spanish as a native Spanish speaker (like medical terminology in Spanish) and stumbled upon this thread.

Didn't find much of use, but then started googling it and found what looks to be a decent, free, online course for people who already speak Spanish: https://www.dmu.edu/terminologia-medica/bienvenido/

Thought I'd share in case others are interested. I wonder what else has been created since this thread was made...

Reactions: 1 user
Screenshot_20180304-161428.png
Wow just realized I can't post Chinese characters on this website!