1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

recycling old supplemental essays

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by alchow3, Jul 26, 2011.

1. alchow3

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Tufts and Western both recycled their supplemental essays. Can I also recycle my answers with minor modifications? Or, those schools expect brand new written ones?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. seansie

I'm not sure how you can answer the same questions differently. They recycled their questions, you should recycle your answers. I know Tufts had you pick from 3 questions, so maybe just pick a different question this time?

4. Whyevernot55

Whyevernot55 OKSU 2016!
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I recycle the major points of my supplementals, but update my essays significantly. I would go back and re-read your answers from last year and see how you feel about them and what you might want to change now - because trust me, there will be things you want to change.

I did this last year and got really good feedback from Tufts during my file review - she told me that she felt my essays had been good the first time, but were stronger and more mature the second time around.

5. evilcottonrat

Pre-Veterinary
    There is 2 essays that Tufts has, one is why should they choose you and the other is to choose 1 out of 3 questions relating to a historical person, an art, or sports.

I rewrote my essay for why they should choose me focusing on my new experiences and the second one I recycled because I thought it was awesome. Lols.