1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

recycling old supplemental essays

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by alchow3, Jul 26, 2011.

1. alchow3

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Tufts and Western both recycled their supplemental essays. Can I also recycle my answers with minor modifications? Or, those schools expect brand new written ones?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. seansie

I'm not sure how you can answer the same questions differently. They recycled their questions, you should recycle your answers. I know Tufts had you pick from 3 questions, so maybe just pick a different question this time?

4. Whyevernot55

Whyevernot55 OKSU 2016!
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I recycle the major points of my supplementals, but update my essays significantly. I would go back and re-read your answers from last year and see how you feel about them and what you might want to change now - because trust me, there will be things you want to change.

I did this last year and got really good feedback from Tufts during my file review - she told me that she felt my essays had been good the first time, but were stronger and more mature the second time around.

5. evilcottonrat

Pre-Veterinary
    There is 2 essays that Tufts has, one is why should they choose you and the other is to choose 1 out of 3 questions relating to a historical person, an art, or sports.

I rewrote my essay for why they should choose me focusing on my new experiences and the second one I recycled because I thought it was awesome. Lols.