recycling old supplemental essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alchow3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tufts and Western both recycled their supplemental essays. Can I also recycle my answers with minor modifications? Or, those schools expect brand new written ones?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure how you can answer the same questions differently. They recycled their questions, you should recycle your answers. I know Tufts had you pick from 3 questions, so maybe just pick a different question this time?

I recycle the major points of my supplementals, but update my essays significantly. I would go back and re-read your answers from last year and see how you feel about them and what you might want to change now - because trust me, there will be things you want to change.

I did this last year and got really good feedback from Tufts during my file review - she told me that she felt my essays had been good the first time, but were stronger and more mature the second time around.

There is 2 essays that Tufts has, one is why should they choose you and the other is to choose 1 out of 3 questions relating to a historical person, an art, or sports.

I rewrote my essay for why they should choose me focusing on my new experiences and the second one I recycled because I thought it was awesome. Lols.