BeMD13

5+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2012
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
So if you had these two questions in the same application would you just copy and paste the same answer? Leave one blank? This is the longest secondary I have done out of 21 applications so far, so they know everything about my life already. If I say much more, I will have nothing left for an interview!

4. Describe any past achievements, experiences, special family or personal circumstances that you believe make you a unique student, able to bring diversity to the class.

2. What traits, experiences, challenges, interests, etc. make you unique and would bring added value to the learning environment at USCSOM Greenville?

ndafife

5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2014
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Definitely don't answer one of them. That seems like a great idea.

Reactions: Orthosurg1

wysdoc

Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2016
Rio Grande Valley, Texas
Status
Attending Physician
The first question asks about experiences, achievements, or family circumstances, and the second asks about your personal traits, challenges or interests. Your answer doesn't have to be long, but you should be sure to focus on at lest one thing being listed and asked for. Copy/pasting the same answer will make you seem lazy and suggest that you didn't read the questions carefully. Interesting answers may get you the interview invitation, don't worry about running out of things to talk about!

Med Ed

2+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2015
Status
Attending Physician
So if you had these two questions in the same application would you just copy and paste the same answer? Leave one blank? This is the longest secondary I have done out of 21 applications so far, so they know everything about my life already. If I say much more, I will have nothing left for an interview!

4. Describe any past achievements, experiences, special family or personal circumstances that you believe make you a unique student, able to bring diversity to the class.

2. What traits, experiences, challenges, interests, etc. make you unique and would bring added value to the learning environment at USCSOM Greenville?
Admittedly, whoever put those questions in the same secondary needs to be taken aside. But if you squint hard enough you could make them different answers.

4. seems to be asking about the past and circumstances.

"I was raised in a gypsy circus that roamed Madagascar."

2. is asking more about your personal qualities.

"I have webbed toes and enjoy Japanese archery."

It's painful, I know.

Reactions: BeMD13 and Goro

Donald Juan

7+ Year Member
May 22, 2011
GA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Just do your best. I don't know if these questions give any guidance on how thorough you should be, but most of these med school secondaries (outside of a few...) should be short. They won't be makers or breakers as to whether or not you get an interview, they will more likely be talking points at the interview.

Reactions: BeMD13