Referee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mulberry Molar

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering who your referees where in your specialty applications? What kinds of referees are most impressive?

Members don't see this ad.

aphistis said:
...references...?
No Bill, referees! You know, the guys in stripes. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
lol, referees write references...?

1. Santa Claus
2. The Tooth Fairy
3. Leprechaun

:eek:

Just kidding... your references should ideally come from the relevant professional 'experts'. Never use the above three!

Yah-E said:
No Bill, referees! You know, the guys in stripes. :laugh:
Fair enough. I like Johnny Greer, though most of the girls I know seem to prefer Ed "I buy all my shirts two sizes too small, so I can show off my guns" Hochuli.

Maybe you meen REEFERees? A couple of the faculty here are children of the 60s and they might appreciate that...

IMO it is better to have a good letter from an appropriate source who knows you well (program director of whatever specialty you are applying to) than a lame letter from someone famous...although a good letter from Gordon Christensen would probably help you get into dental school initially. Be careful with famous people too because one applicant to AZ mentioned how close he was to Dr. Farran and the adcom was like...did he really just say that...needless to say, some famous names won't help you at all. (Farran, Dorfman, Rosenthal) I have no personal quarrel with individuals like these, but I wouldn't cite them as references in academic circles...