Reference Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jc915

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I volunteered overseas for three months and received a good reference letter from a physician. Is it a good idea to include this letter or would a letter from a Canadian source be more effective? Also, would it be wise to include a reference letter from a professor in the arts department?

Thanks in advance
progress.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I volunteered overseas for three months and received a good reference letter from a physician. Is it a good idea to include this letter or would a letter from a Canadian source be more effective? Also, would it be wise to include a reference letter from a professor in the arts department?

Thanks in advance
progress.gif

Alright, I'm not EXACTLY certain how this would be viewed, but I should think a letter from someone who knows you well would be best. And having a letter from an art professor could possibly present a nice view of what kind of person you are outside of sciences (provided that the professor will write you a letter that is fairly specific).