Regarding AMCAS and Early Application during COVID-19`

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

polyploidy516

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
As I am applying this upcoming June, I want to confirm what is considered early now for AMCAS & to have a possible competitive advantage application wise. Would applying by the end of June be early?

I am concerned as I am taking summer classes that end during the last week of June; my school also is having delays associated with COVID-19 which could possibly delay the receipt of my transcripts to AMCAS.

Does being early matter now especially considering COVID-19 and its impact on applications?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
As I am applying this upcoming June, I want to confirm what is considered early now for AMCAS & to have a possible competitive advantage application wise. Would applying by the end of June be early?

I am concerned as I am taking summer classes that end during the last week of June; my school also is having delays associated with COVID-19 which could possibly delay the receipt of my transcripts to AMCAS.

Does being early matter now especially considering COVID-19 and its impact on applications?
Nobody knows what the COVID impact is going to be on the cycle next year. If the vaccine does what it's supposed to do, things could very well be returning to normal by the summer.

That said, "early" is overrated, and conventional wisdom says that being complete by Labor Day is fine. The earliest applications will be verified and submitted by the end of June, unless that is delayed until the middle of July like this cycle. You won't be in that group if you have to wait until some time in July for your summer class transcript to be available. Do you need those classes to be part of your application? If so, you won't be "early," since you won't be verified until some time in August if you have to wait for them. (By mid-July, there could very well be a 4-6 week verification queue.)