• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Regarding Fulltime Status and BAH Distribution (Chapter 33 / 31)

BC_89

Staff member
Administrator
5+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2014
  1. Pharmacy Student
I've received a lot of great questions regarding BAH distribution based on how many credits allows for the full pay-out every month: As a side note, moving to online courses that were normally in the classroom setting has no burden on the amount of BAH

A veteran utilizing GI Bill / VR&E will be paid a monthly stipend based on the program standards of what is considered full time. For example, at the undergraduate level typically 12 credit hours per semester is considered full time (14 credits for some institutions to qualify for scholarships). As for professional grads, this may fluctuate depending on academic work and rotation sites. For myself, this summer of doing rotations will be put out as 9 credits. According to the program standards, that is considered full time. Of course this would change once I am back in the classroom setting in the Fall.

A faster way to check if your mailed document (if its VR&E) reflects the true pay out, I would contact your certifying official for a quick look up of what you are put down for in a specific term. I happened to do this just to double check my tracks and it was verified that I still qualify for the full monthly BAH.

Any other questions feel free to message here or PM if its better. Good luck!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.