Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

regarding medical school application

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by batista_123, Mar 15, 2007.

1. batista_123

batista_123 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    are you required to put every course that appears on your college transcript in your med school application?
    are you required to put "independent studies" coures? ind studies means i did research with a professor and got a grade for it. it wasnt really a class. the grade for it is in my transcript. do i put it in my med school app?

2. NN11

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yes, you are required to put every single course on your AMCAS, even, if it's an independent study course, or college level courses that you took in High school, or if you got an F and later retook it and got an A, and had the original F removed from your transcript. All courses must be listed.

Also, make sure that you request an Official transcript from your school and use that to list your coursework. Sometimes courses are listed differently on official and unofficial transcripts.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...