Regarding my Prep, thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thenextcarnegie

D.D.S. Candidate
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

I was wondering if it is a wise idea to study using the following material and if my methodology seems sound proof. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Biology:
Examkracker bio (MCAT) for the DAT
Firelli's (sp?, sorry if I am wrong.) Notes
DAT Bootcamp (subject exams and the full practice lengths).
DAT Destroyer Bio

Chemistry:
Chad's Videos Chem outlines (going to review all the material)
DAT Bootcamp (subject exams and full practice length)
DAT Destroyer Chem

Organic:
Chad's Video Orgo Outlines (again review)
DAT Destroyer Orgo

QR:
Chad's Outlines
DAT QR

PATS:
DAT Bootcamp Generators every day along with the actual subject-specific exams from Bootcamp (3 times a week)
CRACK DAT PAT

Also, what is the best way to go about using Destroyer?
I have about 5 weeks left till my exam, I've been studying for about 3 weeks already and I did study before on and off. I was thinking of answering bio, chem, and organic by just going through the book, reviewing the solutions, and making anki flashcards out of the ones I got wrong.
My math is relatively weak and I get flustered by the Math Destroyer, so would it be best to go through an exam one by one (timed conditions) while looking at the solutions to see exactly how to do the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you could tell me that I am on the right track or doing something wrong that would be even better! Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there!

I was wondering if it is a wise idea to study using the following material and if my methodology seems sound proof. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Biology:
Examkracker bio (MCAT) for the DAT
Firelli's (sp?, sorry if I am wrong.) Notes
DAT Bootcamp (subject exams and the full practice lengths).
DAT Destroyer Bio

Chemistry:
Chad's Videos Chem outlines (going to review all the material)
DAT Destroyer Chem

Organic:
Chad's Video Orgo Outlines (again review)
DAT Destroyer Orgo

QR:
Chad's Outlines
DAT QR

PATS:
DAT Bootcamp Generators every day along with the actual subject-specific exams from Bootcamp (3 times a week)
CRACK DAT PAT

Also, what is the best way to go about using Destroyer?
I have about 5 weeks left till my exam, I've been studying for about 3 weeks already and I did study before on and off. I was thinking of answering bio, chem, and organic by just going through the book, reviewing the solutions, and making anki flashcards out of the ones I got wrong.
My math is relatively weak and I get flustered by the Math Destroyer, so would it be best to go through an exam one by one (timed conditions) while looking at the solutions to see exactly how to do the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you could tell me that I am on the right track or doing something wrong that would be even better! Thank you in advance!
Get rid of that examkracker thing for bio. Waste of time imo. Also do bootcamp after/while you're doing destroyer. Not before. Good luck!

Excellent! Thanks! What do you suggest reading from for Bio then? Fireli's I heard was too deep, I will still use it, but what's a better outline or book?

And is the way I am using the destroyer book okay for the QR?

Excellent! Thanks! What do you suggest reading from for Bio then? Fireli's I heard was too deep, I will still use it, but what's a better outline or book?

And is the way I am using the destroyer book okay for the QR?
Don't time yourself using destroyer. Just use that to learn and then assess how well you're doing with bootcamp. Instead of feralis I'd recommend Bozeman science and crashcourse on YouTube to solidify your background and then just memorize all of destroyer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok thank you!

When you mention Bozeman you mean his AP collection of videos, correct? And do you suggest taking notes, while hes speaking or just to listen?

Ok thank you!

When you mention Bozeman you mean his AP collection of videos, correct? And do you suggest taking notes, while hes speaking or just to listen?
Yeah it's just Bozeman science. I think it was AP? Seemed to be pretty in line with the topics covered in cliff's AP 3rd edition. I just watched them and tried to absorb information and see the big picture. Didn't start taking notes until destroyer and bootcamp

Reactions: 1 user