Regarding Post-II Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1064759

If a school calls others who interviewed on the same date as you, does that essentially mean that you are waitlisted or rejected?

I was expecting to hear something yesterday from one or two schools where my interviews were early enough for them to make a decision but all I received were crickets. Other people who interviewed on my date seemed to be notified, but only if they were accepted.

Members don't see this ad.

Not necessarily. If you interviewed with a really busy doc it's possible that doc hasn't had the chance to share their thoughts with the admissions committee yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Not necessarily. If you interviewed with a really busy doc it's possible that doc hasn't had the chance to share their thoughts with the admissions committee yet.
However, more often than not this situation would imply waitlist, correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
If a school calls others who interviewed on the same date as you, does that essentially mean that you are waitlisted or rejected?

I was expecting to hear something yesterday from one or two schools where my interviews were early enough for them to make a decision but all I received were crickets. Other people who interviewed on my date seemed to be notified, but only if they were accepted.
Sounds like waitlist territory

I doubt interviewers take more than few days to send their feedback.

Not necessarily. Try to not assume anything until you get the decision.

Sounds like waitlist territory
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a waitlist or straight rejection.

I highly doubt the interviewer simply didn't have time to send the feedback as this interview was well over two weeks ago. This still sucks though. Yesterday was pretty brutal but I am going to go out and get absolutely obliterated tonight to reset for next week.

Update for future cycles: got the WL this morning.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users