1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding profile of entering Pharm student

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by mosco, Nov 17, 2005.

1. mosco

mosco Live Free or Die
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I know that this question might be sent back to PCAT questions, but this question would possibly best be answered by someone who is in Pharm school already. Has someone taken the PCAT more then once (or know someone who has) and was accepted into school. I hope the answer would be encouraging but maybe not. Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bananaface

bananaface Pharmacy Supernerd
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    This is an advising question. Moving to the PCAT forum. :)

Alot of people take the PCAT more than once.

4. mosco

mosco Live Free or Die
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy

I hope someone who views the other pharm forums would chime in. Unfortunately I don't think they would (except those trying to get into the school). Sometimes it isn't cut and dry to place a question like mine in the PCAT forum (just because it has the PCAT in it) because the person who would be most insightful would be someone who went through the experience of PCAT scores already. Also Bananaface did those who took it mopre then once get accepted?

5. pharmagirl

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I know plenty of people that were accepted after taking the PCAT more than once.

6. crossjb

crossjb Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Same here. Retaking the PCAT for improvement is nothing to get discouraged about.

7. beccala33

beccala33 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Most schools will tell you that they see taking the pcat more than once as a sign of dedication and perseverance. Also, most will take your highest score, so you absolutely should take it more than once if you feel like you can do better.