druggist_2_be
10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Bay Area
www.myspace.com
Status
Pharmacy Student
Hi all,

First of all, this forum is very helpful. I'm glad a friend told me about it. Ok..I went over the supplemental application for Touro and I have no idea on how to answer one of the questions asked:

WHAT DO YOU FEEL IS THE MOST DIFFICULT CHALLENGE PHARMACISTS WILL FACE IN THE COMING YEARS? WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO OVERCOME THIS CHALLENGE?

I also have another question regarding the PS. Touro requires you to send in to them, along with the supplemental application, a PS. Can we use the PS that we submit to PharmCas or should we write a new one? Here is the question:

Describe the personal characteristics you possess and the life experiences you have had that would contribute to your becoming an outstanding Pharmacist. Please include information that will enable the Admissions Committee to understand your unique qualities and why you should be admitted to the Class.

Please advise. Thank you!

rxlynn

10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Status
Pharmacy Student
Hi all,

First of all, this forum is very helpful. I'm glad a friend told me about it. Ok..I went over the supplemental application for Touro and I have no idea on how to answer one of the questions asked:

WHAT DO YOU FEEL IS THE MOST DIFFICULT CHALLENGE PHARMACISTS WILL FACE IN THE COMING YEARS? WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO OVERCOME THIS CHALLENGE?

I would suggest reading (and I think a lot of this might be available on the web) the APhA publication Pharmacy Today, along with something like Chain Drug Review (specific to retail), and looking over some of the professional organization websites. That should give you a feel for some of the very current topics of interest in the field.

Scrubs Fan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2006
Chino Hills, CA
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
So i'm curious. if you are already filling out the supp app for Touro, did you already submit your pharmCAS stuff to Touro and so they sent you their supp app?
thanks, good luck w/ the essay questions

OP
pharmd4me@510

[email protected]

druggist_2_be
10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Bay Area
www.myspace.com
Status
Pharmacy Student
Scrubs Fan said:
So i'm curious. if you are already filling out the supp app for Touro, did you already submit your pharmCAS stuff to Touro and so they sent you their supp app?
thanks, good luck w/ the essay questions
No, I haven't filed the PharmCas application for Touro yet, but I will soon. I'm trying to fill out their supplemental app ahead of time since I have alot of free time right now from summer break.

PolarBear21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
The sup. app for Touro is up already? I thought it was only invite only and it would be up later? Is this the Q for this year?

OP
pharmd4me@510

[email protected]

druggist_2_be
10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Bay Area
www.myspace.com
Status
Pharmacy Student
PolarBear21 said:
The sup. app for Touro is up already? I thought it was only invite only and it would be up later? Is this the Q for this year?

The sup. app is up already but, like you said, it is to be filled out only after you have been invited to do so. I think it is this year's question. I just want to fill it out ahead since I'm pretty sure I will get an invite

luckycloud5

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
Hi all,

I also have another question regarding the PS. Touro requires you to send in to them, along with the supplemental application, a PS. Can we use the PS that we submit to PharmCas or should we write a new one? Here is the question:

Describe the personal characteristics you possess and the life experiences you have had that would contribute to your becoming an outstanding Pharmacist. Please include information that will enable the Admissions Committee to understand your unique qualities and why you should be admitted to the Class.

I think you should write a new personal statement for Touro. The question seems a little bit different than the one that appears on PharmCAS.

OP
pharmd4me@510

[email protected]

druggist_2_be
10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Bay Area
www.myspace.com
Status
Pharmacy Student
luckycloud5 said:
I think you should write a new personal statement for Touro. The question seems a little bit different than the one that appears on PharmCAS.
Yeah, I'm starting to think so too.The one on Pharmcas asks why you want to be a pharmacist, whereas Toura asks for life experiences and unique qualities. Thanks for posting