• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Regarding supplemental application and PS for Touro

[email protected]

druggist_2_be
10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Bay Area
www.myspace.com
  1. Pharmacy Student
    Hi all,

First of all, this forum is very helpful. I'm glad a friend told me about it. Ok..I went over the supplemental application for Touro and I have no idea on how to answer one of the questions asked:

WHAT DO YOU FEEL IS THE MOST DIFFICULT CHALLENGE PHARMACISTS WILL FACE IN THE COMING YEARS? WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO OVERCOME THIS CHALLENGE?

I also have another question regarding the PS. Touro requires you to send in to them, along with the supplemental application, a PS. Can we use the PS that we submit to PharmCas or should we write a new one? Here is the question:

Describe the personal characteristics you possess and the life experiences you have had that would contribute to your becoming an outstanding Pharmacist. Please include information that will enable the Admissions Committee to understand your unique qualities and why you should be admitted to the Class.

Please advise. Thank you!

rxlynn

10+ Year Member
    Nov 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    1. Pharmacy Student
      Hi all,

First of all, this forum is very helpful. I'm glad a friend told me about it. Ok..I went over the supplemental application for Touro and I have no idea on how to answer one of the questions asked:

WHAT DO YOU FEEL IS THE MOST DIFFICULT CHALLENGE PHARMACISTS WILL FACE IN THE COMING YEARS? WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO OVERCOME THIS CHALLENGE?

I would suggest reading (and I think a lot of this might be available on the web) the APhA publication Pharmacy Today, along with something like Chain Drug Review (specific to retail), and looking over some of the professional organization websites. That should give you a feel for some of the very current topics of interest in the field.

About the Ads

[email protected]

druggist_2_be
      10+ Year Member
      Jul 5, 2006
      Bay Area
      www.myspace.com
      1. Pharmacy Student
        Scrubs Fan said:
        So i'm curious. if you are already filling out the supp app for Touro, did you already submit your pharmCAS stuff to Touro and so they sent you their supp app?
        thanks, good luck w/ the essay questions

No, I haven't filed the PharmCas application for Touro yet, but I will soon. I'm trying to fill out their supplemental app ahead of time since I have alot of free time right now from summer break.

[email protected]

druggist_2_be
        10+ Year Member
        Jul 5, 2006
        Bay Area
        www.myspace.com
        1. Pharmacy Student
          PolarBear21 said:
          The sup. app for Touro is up already? I thought it was only invite only and it would be up later? Is this the Q for this year?

The sup. app is up already but, like you said, it is to be filled out only after you have been invited to do so. I think it is this year's question. I just want to fill it out ahead since I'm pretty sure I will get an invite

luckycloud5

10+ Year Member
          7+ Year Member
          Sep 9, 2004
          1. Pharmacist
            Hi all,

I also have another question regarding the PS. Touro requires you to send in to them, along with the supplemental application, a PS. Can we use the PS that we submit to PharmCas or should we write a new one? Here is the question:

Describe the personal characteristics you possess and the life experiences you have had that would contribute to your becoming an outstanding Pharmacist. Please include information that will enable the Admissions Committee to understand your unique qualities and why you should be admitted to the Class.

I think you should write a new personal statement for Touro. The question seems a little bit different than the one that appears on PharmCAS.

[email protected]

druggist_2_be
            10+ Year Member
            Jul 5, 2006
            Bay Area
            www.myspace.com
            1. Pharmacy Student
              luckycloud5 said:
              I think you should write a new personal statement for Touro. The question seems a little bit different than the one that appears on PharmCAS.

Yeah, I'm starting to think so too.The one on Pharmcas asks why you want to be a pharmacist, whereas Toura asks for life experiences and unique qualities. Thanks for posting

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.