Regards "Thank You Letter"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrAmir0078

"Thank You"
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN Anesthesiology Forum

I hope you are doing well, it has been a while since I have posted here, and I am willing if that you have a time to read this "Thank You" letter.

As you know, I started posting here whenever I can about our cases in Anesthesia since last September when I was at the last month of being Senior House Officer in Anaesthesia before starting my residency program at the Iraqi Board Residency program in Anaesthesia and Critical Care where I am now in my 5th month as PGY1, and where I am working at Baghdad Medical City (The most well known and prestigious training center in Iraq) and hence my posting almost stopped because of our busy schedule.

One day last month where the story of "Thank You", I was contacted by a member in the SDN who she said was following my posts, and months ago added me as a friend on Facebook where I post special posts for my US friends list too (as you know, I used to work as Emergency Department Technician at the George Washington University Hospital for seven years, then returned Home to back to my practice as a doctor - a story I have talked here).

This woman sent me a massage saying "I have been following your posts on SDN, I am a CRNA in Texas.
We have a lot of equiptment/supplies the hospital is disposing of that I would send if you could use
LMA'S
Laryngoscope handles and blades, all sizes,(hospital went to disposable)
ABG Kitsap
CVP with cordis kits
Please let me know. I am more than willing to ship yo you if you provide an address"

Honestly, I wasn't sure if it possible, and I explained, and I gave her my full contact info, beside, to stay on the safe side, I informed her to send a message explaining in details to the Embassy of the US in Baghdad, because I am an Iraqi American citizen and have nothing to hide and just if this shipment delivered and customs hold it, I would inform by myself the Embassy.

Interestingly it arrived 5 boxes out of 7, and they contain like over 75 different types of blades (Mac, Miller and others ) beside intubating LMAs size 5, and all those were sealed sterilized and I examined most of them they work perfectly especially the Laryngoscopes which were optic ones (the built in led).

Once I received them, I informed the Chairman and then the director of the department and made a list and will use them wisely to aid save lives.

I never thought, that I would receive such things, and honestly working even in such Center, we do miracles in saving lives, we are well equipped most of the times (from low fresh gas anesthesia, Ultrssonography to capnograph and to very complicated surgeries - imagine, it is like Boston General in its efficacy our beloved Baghdad Medical City", but you know since it so busy, we face troubles in some equipments, and many hospitals lack decent Laryngoscope or blades.

Yet, we use on rare occasions a video or screen like Laryngoscopes and many times are not available especially during night shifts, and Our Professors are working hard to let us work in an optimal way, but you know it is a matter of aging equipments beside bureaucracies.

I want to thank from this avenue the courage of Mrs. Cynthia to aid to help save lives for others who are thousands miles away.

I am speechless...

Many Thanks

Sincerely

Amir

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users