Regional Match Statistics by Specialty 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hope12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Content removed at request of NRMP as a copyright violation.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you post the breakdown by regions?

Thanks.

Where did you get this breakdown? Thanks

Everybody loves the West, it would seem...

Where are you guys getting this information? Thanks

Thanks. I hadn't realized this information was available on NRMP already....and I need it :(

^^

Sorry :( yes, regional breakdown today, specific programs tomorrow.

Me too...wonder what the ratio of scramble spots::unmatched US seniors is this year :(
Quite an uninteresting stat imho not taking step scores into account. IMHO spots::240++ US seniors would be a ratio with more validity. You can't base stats like that on the presumption that all students are equal much less actually fit to practice medicine. If programs find students not competent to practice of course they will not match and skew the results.

Quite an uninteresting stat imho not taking step scores into account. IMHO spots::240++ US seniors would be a ratio with more validity. You can't base stats like that on the presumption that all students are equal much less actually fit to practice medicine. If programs find students not competent to practice of course they will not match and skew the results.

I hope I'm reading this wrong (and apologies in advance if I am) - you're not implying that students under a 240 are less fit to practice medicine, are you? Because there's a lot more to being competent than simply how you do on the USMLE.

I hope I'm reading this wrong (and apologies in advance if I am) - you're not implying that students under a 240 are less fit to practice medicine, are you? Because there's a lot more to being competent than simply how you do on the USMLE.
Of course people with scores below 240 are statistically less fit to practice medicine than the people with scores above 240! The keyword here is "statistically."

Of course people with scores below 240 are statistically less fit to practice medicine than the people with scores above 240! The keyword here is "statistically."

I think it depends on other things, example: specialty of choice, location, having done aways, research, LORs, etc...
Please don't be "that guy"

Last edited:

Statistically implies there are statistics :rolleyes:

@psychforme

I know why you are going into Psych.Period.

is this the sdn sandbox? let me throw a wrench in, some ppl go into psych for the same reason some ppl go into derm. now decipher that one.

someone close the thread, tensions are high and this bickering will help no one.

-Z

The SDN Volunteer Staff would like to remind its members that it is illegal to post copyrighted information, including NRMP regional match statistics information. Any posts containing this information, or any other copyrighted information, will be deleted.

How is it illegal to post stats based on region that's been released by the NRMP? Just curious...

I agree, especially when the link is unsecured. Is the money I am paying seriously going to copyright enforcement when it has minimal to no bearing on match integrity? This is actually annoying me a little.

How is it illegal to post stats based on region that's been released by the NRMP? Just curious...
This data has been released to those who have participated in the match (ie people who have paid to register for the NRMP), but not to the public (yet). We have received a complaint from the NRMP regarding their copyrighted material, and we are complying with their request.

As has been pointed out above, if you have a login with the NRMP, you should be able to find the information on your own.

Fair enough... I didn't post anything but was curious about it.
Since they have all that money tied into their lawyers, best not to mess with them..