Registered too late for the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nir1009

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just paid my registration fee yesterday and it says it will get processed tuesday and I will get a number in the mail by next week to schedule a test with.

But do you think its too late (by next week) to find an exam opening around the first week of august?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

nir1009 said:
I just paid my registration fee yesterday and it says it will get processed tuesday and I will get a number in the mail by next week to schedule a test with.

But do you think its too late (by next week) to find an exam opening around the first week of august?

Thanks.

It all depends on the site you are taking the test in. Do not worry though, if your application is in early then you can take the DAT by beginning of september and still be in a good shape. this is what an admission personel told me.

It took them almost 2 and a half weeks to send me my confirmation number and I had submitted my registration fee on a Sat. I know other people have said that it takes about that long. You still might get lucky and find an opening in that first week of Aug as long as you are not picky about the time.

nir1009 said:

Thanks.

here is what i think you need to do...next week after tuesday go to 2test.com and try to scheduel find out how busy your area is....you can also scheduel online....so don't worry it'll work out...

Members don't see this ad :)
well im in the Central NJ area. The center in clark is probably the closest.

DAT-Scared said:
here is what i think you need to do...next week after tuesday go to 2test.com and try to scheduel find out how busy your area is....you can also scheduel online....so don't worry it'll work out...

hey i had a question.. if im reaaplying.. and retaking the dat.. do i still have to wait for that number to come in the mail? i mean the process is that i goto ada webiste..pay...choose the schools..right? then thats when they send me the letter? i hated it so much that i forgot the proces...
thanks

believe2006 said:
hey i had a question.. if im reaaplying.. and retaking the dat.. do i still have to wait for that number to come in the mail? i mean the process is that i goto ada webiste..pay...choose the schools..right? then thats when they send me the letter? i hated it so much that i forgot the proces...
thanks
You can just go to the prometric website and use your SSN as the conformation # and you can sign up for a date. That is what I did, the letter just takes to long to receive

Resonance said:
You can just go to the prometric website and use your SSN as the conformation # and you can sign up for a date. That is what I did, the letter just takes to long to receive

is that because u are retaking it? cause how come u didnt need the number ?

thanks a lot. Using my SSN worked, now I won't have to wait for the confirmation number.

believe2006 said:
is that because u are retaking it? cause how come u didnt need the number ?
No and I have no idea why you do not need the number.