Registering for August, after taking it in April

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheGeneralRMK

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question here. I took the April MCAT, and now I'm retaking this August. Anyone else who did this, did you use the same username as in April? I have the same username for my MCAT Thx, AMCAS, etc. But if I try to use this name to login to the Paper MCAT Registration, it won't let me. Should I create a new name? If I make a new name will my scores get back to my AMCAS? I am confused, and any help would be phenomenal. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

TheGeneralRMK said:
Quick question here. I took the April MCAT, and now I'm retaking this August. Anyone else who did this, did you use the same username as in April? I have the same username for my MCAT Thx, AMCAS, etc. But if I try to use this name to login to the Paper MCAT Registration, it won't let me. Should I create a new name? If I make a new name will my scores get back to my AMCAS? I am confused, and any help would be phenomenal. Thanks!

General, I would call the AMCAS office. I know I know you'll be put on hold for hours. (Or alternatively, email them). I'm in the same boat. I ended up emailing them and they tweaked whatever they needed to and now I'm registered for August using exactly the same username etc. What they told me is that you MUST use your previous info.

Btw: are you aware that, if you haven't registered yet for August MCAT, that you'll be paying extra for late registration? Just checking. No big deal - I think its like an extra $50.

:luck: to you!

I also called them and they told me that it doesn't matter what username or password you use for your re-take, they will link all your info by your SSN and it will all be posted under your THx. They actually told me that I should make a different username for each administration.

I e-mailed and they told me to use a different name. So I guess it doesnt matter, for anyone else procrastinating like me. I know im paying $50 extra, I was going to register the night before the original deadline but couldnt answer this question, and I was working 8-5 the next day, so no time to call them. Thanks for the help!