1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Registering for Autumn (undergrad) - around interviews?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by mikhiel, Apr 28, 2004.

1. mikhiel

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I'm registering for Autumn Quarter in a couple weeks, and I'm planning on submitting my AADSAS in June/July. Should I take any precautions in what classes I take this fall as far as interviews go? Based on the better-safe-than-sorry and hopeful assumption that I'll get a couple interviews, should I try and register for mostly large lecture classes where I'll be able to skip a day every now and then when I'm out of town? How much of a time commitment does an interview usually take, and what days of the week? Maybe I'm just crazy... :rolleyes: I'm planning on registering for an upper-level Bio lab class, since I need it for my degree, and I was wondering if it'd be better to put that off to winter.

2. LibertyB

LibertyB BusyBee
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    My guess would be to leave the hard stuff for first and fourth quarters. I would estimate that the majority of interviews are given during late fall, winter and ending in early spring. Keep those times lighter, if you have the choice.

What does everyone else think??? :confused:

3. jes1ca

jes1ca OP Resident
    7+ Year Member

Although I was in my year off during the application process, my suggestion would be to take whatever classes you would like and work interviews in accordingly. My profs in undergrad wouldn't have minded if I missed a class or two for d-school interviews (in fact, they would have been happy for me). Plus, you have flexibility in scheduling the interviews and it's really difficult to predict when they will be so you could schedule them around tests. The best thing that I could tell you is to take whatever classes you want when you want and apply earlier, even in May if you can without DAT scores. This will give you the most flexibility in scheduling your interviews. You normally get a course syllabus at the beginning of the term...use that so that you don't schedule an interview at the same time as a test. That's just my opinion though. Good luck.
    Jessica