Registering for DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lphiewok

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I am planning on taking my DAT in early June (since in May I have finals to worry about I want to have at least good month to finish studying before taking it).

I have already applied to take DAT and got the code.

Now my question is, is there deadline limit on when to register for it?
e.g. if I want to take it on June 4th, is there certain date I have to register it by?

The reason I am asking this is because honestly I am not sure wheher I will be ready by the date I register if I have to pick a date now.

Also, if I do register to take it on the 4th of June, can I change that date prior to the test without having to pay again? (not cancelling but just changing the test date) or is it done once I pick a date?
If I am allow to change my test date, is there a deadline for how many days prior to that you have to do it?

sorry about confusing question but hope someone can answer these for me.

thanks guys and good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey so about changing your date once you pick it- I believe you can push it off but not move it up and it does cost a fee

hey guys, I am planning on taking my DAT in early June (since in May I have finals to worry about I want to have at least good month to finish studying before taking it).

I have already applied to take DAT and got the code.

Now my question is, is there deadline limit on when to register for it?
e.g. if I want to take it on June 4th, is there certain date I have to register it by?

The reason I am asking this is because honestly I am not sure wheher I will be ready by the date I register if I have to pick a date now.

Also, if I do register to take it on the 4th of June, can I change that date prior to the test without having to pay again? (not cancelling but just changing the test date) or is it done once I pick a date?
If I am allow to change my test date, is there a deadline for how many days prior to that you have to do it?

sorry about confusing question but hope someone can answer these for me.

thanks guys and good luck everyone!
i believe you have to pick a date a week before hand. i warn you though, i picked a date in march and had to wait til may in order to get the day of the week and time i wanted due to the time slots filling up. if you have a lot of testing centers in your area you're prob fine. summer is a busy time for the DAT so i would pick a date sooner than later (if anything else, it gives you a deadline to shoot for which i always find extremely helpful). if you must reschedule, it is now $25 and must be done within 48 of the test (might only be 24 hrs, but 48 just to be safe)

How do sign up for the dat?? Would I have to do in months in advance? And they offered a few times a year?