Registration for USMLE & COMLEX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is the earliest you can begin registering for Step I of both the USMLE & COMLEX?

I've searched their official sites and have been unable to find the information.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

OSUdoc08 said:
When is the earliest you can begin registering for Step I of both the USMLE & COMLEX?

I've searched their official sites and have been unable to find the information.

Thanks.

As I understand it, for the COMLEX your school has to certify you to take the exam. After that the NBOME will send you a username and password to sign up for a test site and date. As for when the NBOME will send it, I don’t know. I know that PCSOM has certified all its students but we have not received anything yet.

E-

eadysx said:
As I understand it, for the COMLEX your school has to certify you to take the exam. After that the NBOME will send you a username and password to sign up for a test site and date. As for when the NBOME will send it, I don’t know. I know that PCSOM has certified all its students but we have not received anything yet.

E-

Yep, that's the way it works for the COMLEX. As far as I know, you can register for both exams no earlier than 6-months in advance.

DOCTORSAIB said:
Yep, that's the way it works for the COMLEX. As far as I know, you can register for both exams no earlier than 6-months in advance.

Isn't that coming up within a few weeks then?

Members don't see this ad :)
OSUdoc08 said:
Isn't that coming up within a few weeks then?

Yes sir it is. I went to the Dean's office last week to get some info about when we'll be able to register for the COMLEX. Supposedly, we should be getting our password via our school email account "within the next few weeks."

Hey, when does rotations start for you guys? We start June 12th, and school ends sometime mid-May, which leaves us a whopping 2 weeks of official boards prep. :mad:

DOCTORSAIB said:
Yes sir it is. I went to the Dean's office last week to get some info about when we'll be able to register for the COMLEX. Supposedly, we should be getting our password via our school email account "within the next few weeks."

Hey, when does rotations start for you guys? We start June 12th, and school ends sometime mid-May, which leaves us a whopping 2 weeks of official boards prep. :mad:

Last day of finals is May 5th. We get a board prep class given at our school for 2 weeks in May.

Our Clinicals start July 1st.

DOCTORSAIB said:

Our (PCSOM) last day of class is June 2nd, we have 17 days of Kaplan Review and rotations start Aug. 1st. I thought we were getting a crappy deal, but you guys are making me feel better. :oops:
E-

I just got my email from the NBOME and registered for COMLEX Level 1...

14-Jun-2006; 0900 HRS

188 days, 6 hours and 39 minutes left... (sorry DORoe!)

At OUCOM Spring quarter ends 17-May and Summer quarter begins 19-June... So much for a post-boards vacation.

Any idea how to register for USMLE?

Ric

SolisR said:
I just got my email from the NBOME and registered for COMLEX Level 1...

14-Jun-2006; 0900 HRS

188 days, 6 hours and 39 minutes left... (sorry DORoe!)

At OUCOM Spring quarter ends 17-May and Summer quarter begins 19-June... So much for a post-boards vacation.

Any idea how to register for USMLE?

Ric

I'm still waiting on my stupid password so I can register for the COMLEX.

Go to www.nbme.org. Registering for the USMLE is fairly straightforward (so is the $455 fee!). You'll need to print out their certification sheet, attach a 2x2 photo of yourself, have it stamped/certified by your school, and sent to nbme. Once you get your scheduling permit in the mail, then you'll be able to schedule your exam date and location.

Hope that helps. G'luck!

You can register for the USMLE now. You just can't schedule the test at Prometric until 6 months before the test date.

I just signed up for the USMLE, and will wait until my loans come back in January to sign up for the COMLEX.

OSUdoc08 said:
I just signed up for the USMLE, and will wait until my loans come back in January to sign up for the COMLEX.

Not sure about Oklahoma, but spots in Philly are filling up real fast. Most of the Prometric centers are already filled and we just got our passwords a few hours ago! Not trying to add to your anxiety, just helping a brotha out. G'luck dude.

DOCTORSAIB said:
Not sure about Oklahoma, but spots in Philly are filling up real fast. Most of the Prometric centers are already filled and we just got our passwords a few hours ago! Not trying to add to your anxiety, just helping a brotha out. G'luck dude.

There are 88 total osteopathic medical students in the state of Oklahoma taking COMLEX I this spring/summer. It shouldn't be a problem.

:D

There should be no problem for the Touro students in Nevada either. We just received an email from our dean of students that states that students cannot register for COMLEX I until it is confirmed that they have successfully passed the first semester.

OSUdoc08 said:
There are 88 total osteopathic medical students in the state of Oklahoma taking COMLEX I this spring/summer. It shouldn't be a problem.

:D

Oh, that's right. OSU's class size is small...probably b/c no one wants to live in Oklahoma for 4 years! (joke, joke). You're right, I don't think you have anything to worry about. G'luck.