Registration ID and your driver's license, do they have to match 100%?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EECStoMed

Persistence > Intel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so here's the problem. Let's say for instance that on the AAMC I'm registered as Jason Guntang Smith, first, middle and last respectively. On my college ID card it also says Jason Guntang Smith but on my driver's license and passport it only says Guntang Smith, as first and last. The reason for this is because my official name is Guntang Smith but all my life I've been called Jason for simplicity reasons and is what I go under. My driver's license is actually even signed Jason Smith. Will this cause a potential problem? Will they not let me in to take the test? Thanks in advance to all replies.

Members don't see this ad.

I was in a similiar situation. I went by my driver's license...since that is the ONLY form of identification that I brought with my on my test day. So, I made sure that my driver's license and my registered name matched exactly (I only registered with my first and last name).

Unless, of course, you decide to use your passport. Make sure your registered name matches exactly with your passport.

If the name Jason is not on your primary gov't issued ID, then don't register with that name for the mcat...you will run into problems and you don't want them telling you that you have to re-register and, worst of all, that you can't take the exam that day.

There was recently a post on here from someone who was not allowed to take the test because his name did not match exactly. It was a similar situation where he had an american name and a foreign name and one was not on his government id, but he used it to register. Anyways, I'd just go with what is on your government issued ID that you are going to use to get in the door that day!

YES, they must match exactly. One person was sent home from the testing center and I almost had a problem. I would make sure that everything is the same as how you registered.