Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Regrading MCAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jordews, Oct 19, 2001.

1. jordews

jordews Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone have any experience, or heard anything about having the mcat people recheck your mcat by hand? I know it costs 30 extra dollars, but I was wondering if anyone had had their scores changed by regrading it, or heard of anyone who had. Is it just an extra ploy for mcat to make more money, or do scores actually get changed a lot? any thoughts?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Someone posted on the thread about the seeming non-correlation between verbal and writing sample scores, that someone got their writing sample score improved by having it regraded.

4. jordews

jordews Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yah, ive heard about the writing sample scores being changed, but I was wondering mainly about regrading the multiple choice section of the test. Ever heard of anyone doing this, and if so, what happened?

5. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I REALLY don't think the multiple choice would have scoring problems.... Anyone ever heard of that?

6. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

It must happen sometimes (but I too can't imagine how), or they wouldn't offer the service. I remember the SAT's had a regrading option too.

7. racergirl

racergirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

A chick I know in the next lab took the MCAT in April, and was really disapointed in her Phys score (7). She was going to retake, but I told her about the regrading option. She had the section regraded, but her score didn't change. She retook this August. I don't know how she did this time around, though. She hasn't volunteered, so I figure the news is not good...