Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Regrets?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by whitelobster, Dec 8, 2001.

1. whitelobster

whitelobster New Member

It would help me greatly if you all could inform me of the process you've taken to get where you are now (medical school or graduates) and what you wish you had or hadn't done. Thanks!
    ~Beth

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LR6SO4

LR6SO4 Senior Member

I'm glad I decided to go to medical school. I'm glad I took some time off to work beforehand too! I wish I would have...taken another year off and went skiing!

4. e2k

e2k Member

Since college I've been a schoolteacher, a martial arts instructor, EMT, computer tech, English teacher, junior anthropologist, diabetes researcher along with even more esoteric positions.

I've lived in France, Japan, Korea, Mexico and all over the U.S. I also went to graduate school, published a book, wrote really bad poetry, and gotten married.

That was in the four years between college and med school. Now I'm in my third year at Sackler in Tel Aviv, and glad that I'd gotten out before getting in.

Basically, I did everything I wanted to do before med school. Now I really want to be a physician.

I just can't decide which kind...
    ERIC

5. nochaser

nochaser Senior Member

6. kris

kris Senior Member

I'm not sure what kind of information you're after here, but my biggest regret is that I listened to the pre-med advisors at my school without question. I thought they knew what they were talking about, and I wasted an entire year applying when I had no business applying.

I was a grad student at the time, and they advised me just as they would have any undergrad. That was an expensive lesson for me.

I'm in med school now, but I had to apply twice.

So there you have it. That's my regret. ;)

--kris

7. snow100

snow100 Member

well,

i did have some regrets. and i left med school this year. i was in my first year. i want to do some things with my life before i decide on a career. maybe i will go back to medicine, i don't know. i've done a lot but not quite as much as e2k. but i want to do more things. u only live once.

snow

8. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]

9. kris

kris Senior Member

10. doctor7

doctor7 Member

i wish i had made more ethically questionable decisions in my youth ... the whole honor system thing is a bit depressing, especially if it's to go on for the rest of your life.