regular decision acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coop

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
not me (i wish), but I have just heard that a friend of mine got into hopkins today, so congrats to her and it can be done (even this year)

Just thought you all might be interested, anyone else with a non-early decision acceptance? good luck

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know, AMCAS schools are not allowed to issue regular decision acceptances until Oct 31st at the earliest. It used to be Oct 15th, but I believe it was pushed back this year. I may be wrong though. Anyone know for sure?

interviews start at iowa on oct. 11, and they *traditionally* notify accepted students w/in 2 weeks of their interview. that would put the first round sometime before the 31st. however, we all know that this is not a traditional admissions cycle, so that's all subject to change.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I know, the schools are not bound by AMCAS rules (it is just a courtesy most schools have agreed to) - some will even say that they do not follow the AMCAS guidelines. Hopkins may be one of them, I don't remember.

i was told at an interview last week that the first date the schools can notify regular acceptances is still oct. 15th. This comes from the dean of admissions at Minnesota.

I interviewed at OSU this past Weds. (9/26)
They told us that the admissions committee was meeting that very afternoon to decide our fates!! However they did say that they were bound by AAMC regulations to not inform applicants until 10/15. He said the envelopes would go out 10/14. Can't wait!! It always dangerous to predict but my OSU interview went great beyond my wildest dreams. My interviewer offered to be my mentor...our interests are very similar..I would say that is a pretty good sign :D :D :D