Regular MD Chances: What do you think

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Theralist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post and I'm wondering what you think my chances are for getting into med school this year.

cGPA: 3.67
sGPA: 3.70

I go to a top liberal arts school in the midwest that is known for rigorous academics, so while my GPA isn't super, I hope to get a bit of name recognition when applying.

MCAT: 33
13 PS
9 VR
11 BS

I have 4 summers of research in dermatology/genetics, 2 summers of volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House (60 hours total), and am a three sport athlete in college (including being an individual conference champion and national qualifier). I have 60 hours of physician shadowing in a number of specialities and have a poster presentation as well.

Here are my schools:

Iowa (I am an Iowa resident)
Minnesota
Creighton
Nebraska
KU
Medical College of Wisconsin
UW Madison
UIC
Loyola
Rush
Northwestern
Dartmouth (these last two are admittedly a bit of a reach, but I thought it was worth a shot).

I feel I'm well-rounded but I want to know other opinions. Thank you for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Chances look great to me!

Hi all, this is my first post and I'm wondering what you think my chances are for getting into med school this year.

cGPA: 3.67
sGPA: 3.70

I go to a top liberal arts school in the midwest that is known for rigorous academics, so while my GPA isn't super, I hope to get a bit of name recognition when applying.

MCAT: 33
13 PS
9 VR
11 BS

I have 4 summers of research in dermatology/genetics, 2 summers of volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House (60 hours total), and am a three sport athlete in college (including being an individual conference champion and national qualifier). I have 60 hours of physician shadowing in a number of specialities and have a poster presentation as well.

Here are my schools:

Iowa (I am an Iowa resident)
Minnesota
Creighton
Nebraska
KU
Medical College of Wisconsin
UW Madison
UIC
Loyola
Rush
Northwestern
Dartmouth (these last two are admittedly a bit of a reach, but I thought it was worth a shot).

I feel I'm well-rounded but I want to know other opinions. Thank you for your time.