Mar 22, 2010
Status
Medical Student
:)hi all,

I'm from China, and I got an offer of master's program in rehabilitation psy (RP) of wisconsin-madison. Also, an offer from U of Minnesota-twin city for counseling.

My ultimate goal is to establish a private practice in China on psychological counseling. And I planned getting a job on counseling in the U.S after I finished my master's study, accumulating some working experience, and then back to China.

My questions are
1) RP is a little different from counseling psychology, concerning the people working with. but does it prepare me to become a psychological counselor?

2) which one is more easier to get a job after graduation from Master'? the RP or the counseling?

As I have no ideas about the things in the U.S, I look forward to hearing advice from you all.

Thank you a lot for your answering.

Apr 16, 2010
turkey
Status
Pre-Psychology
I am from Turkey, I have graduated from guidance and psychological counseling. Now I got a scholarship from my government for a master program in psychological counseling. One of my teacher advised the program of rehabilitation psychology, she said that it is more clinical.
I am also confused, I have not chose any program yet :(