Reinventor School List Help and WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaReInventor

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a reapplicant who has had a very bumpy ride but has attempted reinvention with a DIY postbacc + MCAT retake + more volunteering. I was hoping to get some help tweaking my school list as well as some insight on my chances.

ORM reapplicant primary submitted + verified
cGPA: 3.50 (including post-bacc)
sGPA: 3.42 (including post-bacc)
Post-bacc gpa: 3.86 over 40 something credits
Sort of a J-shaped trend overall. Lowest GPA in undergrad was my sophomore year which was a 3.4
Not sure how this will be factored in: I have some bad grades in cc classes I took in high school which have been weighing s and c GPAs down.

MCAT: 509 --> 517

ECs: probably over 1000 hours of research. Finished one gap year in a lab also did research in undergrad. One first author and two middle author papers.

230 hours of clinical experience
Some patient transport at a large hospital, mostly volunteer work in a clinic for homeless people

150 hours non-clinical volunteering

50 hours of shadowing

Various leadership experiences in college: president of a club, resident assistant, review session leader.

Red flags: one substance IA freshman year.

Planning to apply MD and DO

Quinnipiac
University of Vermont
Dartmouth
Tufts
BU
Albany
Drexel
Jeff
Geisinger
Temple
Duke
Miami
USF
MCW
Cinnci
Case
USUHS (aware of the military commitment, some family in the military though I have no experience myself)
EVMS
Virginia Tech
Wayne
WMU
CMU
Oakland
MSU CHM and COM
(MI resident worth the app to UM?)
PCOM
WVSOM
KCU

Anything I should add. Anything not worth the secondary fee? What do you think about my chances. Thanks for helping.

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest adding these schools:
U Michigan
Toledo
Rosalind Franklin
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
NOVA MD
George Washington
TCU-UNT
Loyola
St. Louis