Reject from Loma Linda University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsshin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a rejection... I am not sure why I got rejected. I am very religious and live in CA. Anyone feel the same?

Members don't see this ad.

Awww man, that's a shame. Your stats look great, I'm surprised. Was anything wrong with your application? Maybe they just filled up really fast this year?

Don't worry, there's other schools out there, I know how you feel though, LLU was like my top choice and that didn't pan out for me either.

Yea, I was hoping to get at least an interview, but it didn't work out. I am still waiting for other dental schools, but they seemed to be extremely slow. I still got 15 more schools to be heard for an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, I'm sorry - that was quick. I haven't even gotten an interview yet... you must have submitted pretty early. I agree with Vicviper - you have some solid numbers, and any program would be fortunate to have you. Best wishes for the rest of the cycle :)

What schools gave you interview invites so far?

i got an interview from midwestern and nova so far. i was rejected from asdoh and loma linda. kinda sux but i still got more schools to come. good luck to me!:luck:

i got a secondary from LLU back in august then rejected in sept:(

i got a secondary from LLU back in august then rejected in sept:(

HOw did they notify you? I got the secondary in late aug. and still have heard nothing from them...It just doesn't bode well because of how late things are getting.

ANZ

Oh, and does their online portal ever update or tell you anything useful?

That's super duper fast rejection!!!

When did you turn in your secondary? How did you get notified? :confused:

I got a rejection... I am not sure why I got rejected. I am very religious and live in CA. Anyone feel the same?

I thought they couldn't notify ppl about admission until after Dec 1st? How did they notify you? Or were you rejected for the 2009 cycle?

Got a secondary in august (2-3 week deadline), filled it out immediately, got a rejection letter via mail on 10/13.

sGPA 3.48
cGPA 3.63
AA 19
TS 20

ddsshin you have amazing stats on your DAT, what materials/methods did you use to study?

ddsshin you have amazing stats on your DAT, what materials/methods did you use to study?

Well stats wise you guys ALL LOOK GREAT!!! Maybe what you put in your personal statement or in their secondaries just aren't what they're looking for. Don't worry!!! I am sure you guys will hear back from other schools!!

I thought they couldn't notify ppl about admission until after Dec 1st? How did they notify you? Or were you rejected for the 2009 cycle?

they cannot tell you if you are accepted to the program until dec. 1, but they can reject you anytime. i know it sounds unfair but what can we do

Good luck at other schools or chances!!!:)

they cannot tell you if you are accepted to the program until dec. 1, but they can reject you anytime. i know it sounds unfair but what can we do
sucks...but i guess you wouldn't want to wait around if they were going to slap you down anyways..

p.s. holy crap...TS 27....

i guess according to LLU it wasn't in God's plan for us right:D good luck guys im sure you have other acceptances

It must have been what you put in your 2ndarys .. Loma Linda is religious but they look at numbers highly and your DAT should have been sufficient enough to overlook your average GPA. Do you remember what you put for the question that asked about your use of alcohol/drugs... saying you use these would throw you right out...