1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Rejected and on to the next step.

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by DentJunkie, Jul 31, 2015.

1. DentJunkie

Pre-Dental
    I am in the under 3.0 category.
    I have been rejected from masters/post bacc programs, what would be a good logical next step?
    I would like to find a job that is relevant to the dental career that I can do while maybe trying to retake some of the core pre-req classes that I didn't get such good grades in or train to be a dental assistant.

That leads me to another point. Should I try going the dental assistant route first before I try to apply for dental or masters/post baccs? Would the work experience as a dental assistant help my chances in getting into dental school?

I appreciate you taking your time to read/respond to this post.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dentalgoals

Pre-Dental
    I believe nothing is more important than improving your GPA right now by taking courses on maybe some of the prerequisite classes that you didn't do so well. Improving your GPA will allow you to have a higher chance of getting into a master or a post bacc program. From there, you should keep your GPA in the program as high as possible to show the dental school admissions office that you can handle tough courses. Of course, you should continue to get more dental experiences through shadowing or assisting. However, I believe your main concern right now should be trying to boost your GPA so that you could get into the master/post bacc program.

4. tooth knockn

tooth knockn Treat others how you want to be treated
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

High DAT score

And

As well, a high GRE score....

And write a personal statement. Of how you were rejected from masters and dental school the first time around, but now you have demonstrated academically you are capable of holding important information in your head and projecting it in a professional manner....

Mention these high scoring triumphs, within personal statements for both masters program and dental applications....

If you can get a 22+ on Dat

and

85% or better an GRE then, IMO, you are attention worthy...