SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

REJECTED by UF in May and just offered a spot!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by leila2, Jul 22, 2002.

1. leila2

leila2 Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 22, 2002
    OMG!!! i still can't believe it, but apparently UF went through its ENTIRE waitlist this year and now they're going back through rejected applications and i got in!!! :eek: i can't believe it! this is leila, by the way, but i haven't been able to log on since they revamped the forums, so i just created a new account. so now a spot at USF will be opening up, and leila's gonna be a leilagator! i'm too excited to go update the waitlist and accepted threads now, but if nobody else gets to it i'll do them later. haha! i'm so happy! my parents are going nuts (they live in gainesville). just wanted to share my happy news and let everyone know that this year is very unusal for applicants and that there's still hope! i was actually in tampa looking for housing when i got the call on my cell. keep hoping and good luck! :D

oh, and i take back every mean thing i said about uf after they rejected me!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. BushBaby

BushBaby Nipplelina 10+ Year Member

Jan 9, 2002
    New York
    What Odd Luck....congrats:clap:

4. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 23, 2001
    The Big House
    Crazy! But congrats!! --Trek

5. Tweetie_bird

Tweetie_bird 7+ Year Member

Nov 20, 2001
    OMG..how crazy is that???

I am so happy for you!! CONGRATS!

6. knish

knish SUNY Buffalo 2006 7+ Year Member

Jun 2, 2002
    buffalo
    awsome...that gives me some hope :clap: :clap: :clap:
    knish

7. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member 7+ Year Member

Apr 28, 2002
    That's really wierd! This must be the biggest and best surprise of your life!! Congrats :clap:

8. CANES2006

CANES2006 Miami chica 10+ Year Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Miramar, FL
    Leila,
    I'm so happy for you!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    :clap: :clap: You deserve this. And don't worry about taking bad things you said back. I did the same thing when I got into UM. I had talked so much garbage about the school when I was waitlisted, and now I love everything about the darn school.I'm super happy about going there.:D Who knew?;)

*Editing: I updated all of the lists I could find for you, leila.*

9. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator 7+ Year Member

Jul 6, 2001
    Woah, that's so whack! Congratulations!! :clap:

10. Ceez

Ceez Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Incredible :eek:

Congratulations though!

11. poloace

poloace Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Apr 3, 2001
    NY,NY
    good job- glad to see that a school still holds onto records for review after they've rejected peeps... works out well.
    p

12. Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf Thug 4 Life 7+ Year Member

Feb 9, 2002
    First of all, congrats!!!! What did they say when they called? Did they apologize for rejecting you?? I would've made them sweat if I were you. :p

Second of all, where the hell is Caveman????? I told him this was gonna happen to UF a long time ago. I think I'm gonna pull up my post from March where I said UF's yield would drop this year. :p I didn't anticipate that it'd fall off a cliff though. :p :oops:

13. geneman

geneman The Transgenic Hobo 7+ Year Member

May 5, 2002
    Caveman
    That is a great story! Amazing! congratulations!

14. calbears84

calbears84 professional baller 7+ Year Member

Sep 16, 2001
    berkeley, ca
  15. lola

lola Bovine Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 22, 2002
    california
    congratulations, leilagator! :cool:

16. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping. 10+ Year Member

Congrats. How freaky is that.
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: +pissed+:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

17. otter

otter Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 31, 2001
    That is amazing!!! I never knew such thing happened. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

18. pocwana

pocwana MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008 7+ Year Member

May 11, 2002
    L.A.
    congrats, leila!
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

19. first of all, congrats! that's fantastic. 2nd- and this is really interesting- check it out. without looking at their names, judge the gender of the author based on his/her responses to leila's fortune. I was 100% accurate- and wishy-washy with my decision only with Pocwana.

20. CANES2006

CANES2006 Miami chica 10+ Year Member

Jan 11, 2002
    Miramar, FL
    So you knew I was a girly girl?;)

21. leila2

Jul 22, 2002
    thanks everyone (especially canes for updating the lists)! i don't think it's sunk in yet... i've been picturing myself in tampa for so long, and now i feel like i have to revise my whole idea of what med school will be like, especially since my family lives there. it sure feels good though!!!

22. imtiaz

imtiaz i cant translate stupid Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Jul 26, 2000
    New York, NY
    congratulations! :)

23. Bomb#20

Bomb#20 Bork Bork Bork 7+ Year Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Wow, that's crazy...big congrats! :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

24. Cobragirl

Cobragirl Hoohaa helper ;) 10+ Year Member

Aug 18, 2000
    In residency HELL
    Congrats!!!! Welcome to the UF family! See you soon!

Cobra

25. annabanana

annabanana Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 13, 2002
    congratulations!!:clap: :clap: :clap: actually, the situation UF is in may not be at all uncommon among med schools this year. I was taken off the University of Arizona waitlist in early July as #38 of 39 waitlisted applicants, and when I went to the admissions office and found out I was accepted I found out that the person below me on the waitlist had been accepted as well. When I asked the lady at the desk what they were going to do if more spaces opened up and she wouldn't tell me anything except that they had had a meeting to discuss it. So, UA may also be accepting previously rejected applicants (rooting for some of you on this board!) or adding a few spaces to the class of 2007 and expanding their waitlist next year. This is just conjecture though, based on what happened with UF this year. good luck at UF and congrats to Leila!:)

26. Doctora Foxy

Doctora Foxy Meow 7+ Year Member

Jan 28, 2002
    I still don't believe this CRAZY story, but congrats leila!!!!!! Unbelievable! :eek: I'm so happy for you! :clap: I guess I'll see you in a few weeks!!!! And your parents live there too?! It's like it's too good to be true! :) I can't believed I missed such good news in the 2 days that I didn't check SDN ;)

congrats!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

27. leila2

Jul 22, 2002
    wow, thanks everyone! i still can't believe my good luck. i'm not sure how they arrange the photos on the acceptance board there, but i was the second to last one, so it looks like they might have had to do the same thing to at least one other person! i wonder how many rejected applicants they'll accept in all... what a crazy year! all right, i'm off to join the UF Gators thread! :D

28. isidella

isidella 7+ Year Member

May 23, 2002
    Officially bumping! What a great story!