Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Rejected from Duke

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jalby, Oct 3, 2001.

1. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.

Pre-Veterinary
    I just went through the status check on all of the schools listed and I found out that I was rejected by Duke. Snif snif.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jmejia1

jmejia1 Senior Member

Sorry to hear that jalbrekt. Don't sweat it.

4. nochaser

nochaser Senior Member

I was rejected today by SIU. Not surprised, as I have been forewarned by fellow SDN'rs about SIU's preference to Southern Illinois residents. But it's funny--all they had on me was the initial AMCAS summary or whatever--my app has yet to be verified, am still waiting on Aug. MCAT scores, and they never even offered a secondary. Oh well...hang in there, Jal.

Yours in the struggle,
    nochaser

5. doctorperez

doctorperez Jesus was a dissident

Resident [Any Field]
    I logged on to my Duke account and can not figure where to read the application status...please enlighten me...Thank you

Dr.Perez

BTW..Sorry about the rejection!..Bummer!

6. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper

This may sound stupid, but what's "the" status check. Do you mean just calling them all, or is one's status on the AMCAS app?

Sorry to hear about the Duke rejection. Did you wait until their deadline had passed to submit your secondary? I'm WAY past my deadline, and am starting to worry (as I said in a thread I previously started). I don't have the money to submit the thing, nor do I have August MCAT scores to tell me if it is even worthwhile.
    :eek: I hope that they haven't tossed my app in the reject pile already!!!

7. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.

Pre-Veterinary
    I went throught the online status checks somewhere one the first or second pages. It just said that I wouldn't be offered an interview. Don't worry about me. I would have absolutely hated durham. But I still would have liked the interview jsut to know I was loved.

I think I didn't get the interview because I have a terrible first two years in college. I thaught I had made up for that my JR and Senior year and with my masters, but I guess not.