Rejected from Hawaii pre-secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riversoul

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Went on a vacation there in December and drove by the campus. Beautiful location. Ah well....being a cali resident, I have 30 more schools to hear from, lol

Members don't see this ad.

Went on a vacation there in December and drove by the campus. Beautiful location. Ah well....being a cali resident, I have 30 more schools to hear from, lol

Wat are your stats???

That school is very in-state heavy. Do you have any ties to the island? Because if you don't, that's probably why.

Members don't see this ad :)
That school is very in-state heavy. Do you have any ties to the island? Because if you don't, that's probably why.

besides a 1-wk vacation there, nope, haha.

Yeah, I remember one year they only accepted 6 out-of-state applicants. I lived there for 3 years and would love to go to school there. I'm half tempted to apply to grad school at UH to gain residency, then apply to med-school the following year. Seems time and $$$ consuming just to get the school you want.

They have a point system. If you're in state you need like 7 to get an interview, but if you are out of state you need 12 or 13. They give points for high mcat's (2 for an 11 on any section), high gpa, a master's, a PhD...things like that. This could change, but I was given this breakdown by one of their deans. And they only take about 6 out of state, so if you're not from one of the WICHE states, then it would be tough.

They have a point system. If you're in state you need like 7 to get an interview, but if you are out of state you need 12 or 13. They give points for high mcat's (2 for an 11 on any section), high gpa, a master's, a PhD...things like that. This could change, but I was given this breakdown by one of their deans. And they only take about 6 out of state, so if you're not from one of the WICHE states, then it would be tough.

Anyone else apply to Hawaii???

I submitted my secondary in late July and am still waiting to hear from them.