Rejected from VCOM, but I'm still optimistic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I ended up being rejected from VCOM because they thought the interview did not go well, whatever that means.

However, I have seen perhaps His wisdrom through this occurence; my next interview is for PCOM-GA. I just found out that the school will be 5 minutes from the Francis Fong academy, where I will be able to continue my martial arts studies with the instructor of my instructor. This is a good omen, I believe. Not to mention PCOM-GA is about 100 miles closer to home!

Now let's just hope PCOM doesn't become a repeat of VCOM.

:D

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, sorry about that. I was rejected from VCOM a couple of years ago. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Peace.

EvoDevo said:
Dude, sorry about that. I was rejected from VCOM a couple of years ago. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Peace.

Thanks man. It's not really a big deal. I was upset at first, yes, but I realized now if I had gotten in I would have cancelled my other interviews and never checked out PCOM-GA. Now that I have learned more, I really like PCOM-GA and think I would be happier there than I would have been at VCOM.

Members don't see this ad :)
Caverject said:
Here's to hoping you get into PCOM-GA then! Goodluck!

Thanks as well. The only thing that irritates me about the VCOM rejection is that they didn't give a better explanation of why. So it was the interview. That tells me nothing.

I did get the feeling, though, that 2/3 interviewers just didn't like me.

JKDMed said:
This is a good omen, I believe. Not to mention PCOM-GA is about 100 miles closer to home!

yeah, it sucks to be rejected. I've been there. But its great you're being optimistic and preparing for PCOM-GA. Now you're more experienced at interviewing and I'm sure you'll do great at the next interview! Good-luck and put your best foot forward!

JKDMed said:
So I ended up being rejected from VCOM because they thought the interview did not go well, whatever that means.

However, I have seen perhaps His wisdrom through this occurence; my next interview is for PCOM-GA. I just found out that the school will be 5 minutes from the Francis Fong academy, where I will be able to continue my martial arts studies with the instructor of my instructor. This is a good omen, I believe. Not to mention PCOM-GA is about 100 miles closer to home!

Now let's just hope PCOM doesn't become a repeat of VCOM.

good luck with PCOM-GA :thumbup:

JKDMed said:
Thanks as well. The only thing that irritates me about the VCOM rejection is that they didn't give a better explanation of why. So it was the interview. That tells me nothing.

I did get the feeling, though, that 2/3 interviewers just didn't like me.

Trust your instincts. Whenever I felt an interviewer didn't like me, I was correct. A lot of this is just luck, so...good luck on your PCOM interview! :luck:

(and try to be more likeable :laugh: jk)

Everything happens for a reason.... VCOM just wasn't meant to be. 1 acceptance = doc to be... and you've got 2 interviews lined up. You're in good shape bud. :thumbup:

Do not worry about bud. I was flat out turned down by KCOM, which I liked the most and AZCOM, which were my top two choices. I was depressed for nearly a week, but I got over it. You have a PCOM interview, whic is great, WVCOM turned me down straight and did not send me a secondary. You have two great interviews coming up. Use what you have learned from the other interviews and you will do great, good luck :luck: :)

Hey I know how you feel. I was rejected post interview from KCOM, which was most top choice at the time. There I had two interviewers. The first one was a surgeon whom I didn't care for and didn't seem at all impressed with any of my answers. He hardly smiled at all during the interview. But my second interviewer, a professor, was a really nice guy and we had a nice discussion. Apparently the first interviewer's feedback may have led to my rejection. I was really bummed, but then two days later my acceptance to AZCOM came in the mail and I felt a whole lot better. Plus I was waitlisted at DMU and CCOM after what I thought were pretty good interviews. So it's really hard to tell. I'm sure you'll do well at PCOM-Atlanta and just think of what you may have done wrong at VCOM and try not to do that in your next interview. Despite my rejection and waitlist placements, I know I'll end up at a place I like whether it be AZCOM or elsewhere. Best of luck and be sure to turn a letdown into future success!

JKDMed said:
I don't know if I would say that or not, since I don't really know what went wrong.
Sorry man. It may not have been all the interview. May have something to do with your PS score. Maybe retake if you don't get in this year. Good luck at the other interviews. WVSOM was nice when i interviewed there last year.

tarheel04 said:
Sorry man. It may not have been all the interview. May have something to do with your PS score. Maybe retake if you don't get in this year. Good luck at the other interviews. WVSOM was nice when i interviewed there last year.

As long as an applicant has been accepted for an interview the school apparently thinks that this applicant's MCAT score is not an issue, and the school is interested... However if an applicant is academically strong then the process of interview become a process to confirm the school's intention to accept, but relative weak applicants will need to shine and pursuade the school to become accepted. Thus your reply to benign questions should be formulated with thoroughness, intelligence and much enthrusiam and compassion...
Good luck to you.
PCOM 2006