Rejected pre-secondary at CUSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sean Lee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not even an invite to complete a secondary. Is CUSOM really mission/objective-specific and really looks at "fit"? I would think that with my stats (3.6/3.3, 33), I should at least get a secondary!

Do you think I should contact CUSOM?

Members don't see this ad.

Can @Goro chime in?

I don't expect an acceptance or interview, but I feel that I should have gotten a chance to complete a secondary. What this tells me is that CUSOM REALLY hated certain aspects of my application to not even offer me a secondary.

That's odd. I just got a secondary from them a few minutes ago. 3.5sgpa/3.3cgpa/30 mcat.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They just told me that they cannot offer me an acceptance at this time. So I am assuming that it's a straight-up rejection. I am actually very frustrated with this. Is Campbell known for rigorous pre-secondary screening based on more than stats? I am concerned that Campbell might have seen some very concerning aspect in my app, something that might affect my chances at other DO schools.

And I have significant DO exposure as well. And I believe that my PS was adequate and really zeroed in on why osteopathic medicine.

I commented at your other post, Sean. The only other thing I could think of is "any red flags?"

If not, give them a call and see if that can offer any advice.

Can @Goro chime in?

I don't expect an acceptance or interview, but I feel that I should have gotten a chance to complete a secondary. What this tells me is that CUSOM REALLY hated certain aspects of my application to not even offer me a secondary.

I commented at your other post, Sean. The only other thing I could think of is "any red flags?"

If not, give them a call and see if that can offer any advice.

Thanks Goro. I just emailed them. I don't have any red flags as far as I can recall.

Unless you want to consider that episode where I was put on probation because I locked myself in the library.

I can't see that as being so lethal.

I wasn't expecting that to be a problem at all. Maybe some schools do care? Oh well. At least I still have other schools to work on.

Thanks Goro. I just emailed them. I don't have any red flags as far as I can recall.

Unless you want to consider that episode where I was put on probation because I locked myself in the library.

I have worse than that in my (distant) background, Sean. That surely isn't it.

Definitely update us on what they tell you when they respond @Sean Lee.

Imagine the poor guy who locks up

Damn pre meds always locking themselves in the library

Reactions: 1 users
I also got rejected today because of my 3.17 sgpa (their cutoff was 3.2). I guess their cutoffs are HARD cutoffs. In the rejection email, they explained their reason in the second paragraph. Perhaps they mentioned something in the email?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got rejected today because of my 3.17 sgpa (their cutoff was 3.2). I guess their cutoffs are HARD cutoffs. In the rejection email, they explained their reason in the second paragraph. Perhaps they mentioned something in the email?
Nope!

They just said that they couldn't offer me an acceptance. Which I find odd considering they didn't even invite me for a secondary.

I got rejected too :S but I'm Canadian. Did you send in your LORs too?

No I didn't.

Did you get a secondary invite? What did they say in the rejection email?
Okay so couldn't have been a bad LOR. Sounds like my email is identical to yours and nope no secondary.

I got a secondary a couple weeks ago from them. 3.49|3.35|26

Not even an invite to complete a secondary. Is CUSOM really mission/objective-specific and really looks at "fit"? I would think that with my stats (3.6/3.3, 33), I should at least get a secondary!

Do you think I should contact CUSOM?
Sean, I was rejected pre-secondary too and have recieved three interviews so far so don't sweat it. I would be happy they rejected you pre-secondary than after you send in $50+

If it is any consolation, I was rejected post-secondary: 3.64/3.60/4.00 grad/25. I suspect it was the MCAT score. OOS, non-trad but strong LORs/ECs demonstrating long standing interest in primary/rural care. 5000+ direct clinical hours/4000+ volunteer clinical hours. Oh well.
It probably was the MCAT, but still. That sucks. Good luck with your other schools. I'm certain you'll get in somewhere.

I'm still confused on how @Sean Lee got rejected considering his stats are very competitive. "Couldn't offer me an acceptance" what the hell is that supposed to mean?

I just noticed someone with ~3.4/24 was accepted there, yet you all were swiftly rejected.

But whatever, this school is big on fit. They also have mandatory attendance and dress code policies from what I've read. I don't know about you all but that should be a huge turn off. You should easily receive other ii's anyway.

I just noticed someone with ~3.4/24 was accepted there, yet you all were swiftly rejected.

But whatever, this school is big on fit. They also have mandatory attendance and dress code policies from what I've read. I don't know about you all but that should be a huge turn off. You should easily receive other ii's anyway.
God forbid you go to class and dress like a professional...

God forbid you go to class and dress like a professional...

Im interviewing here, and I actually agree a bit with user3. It's a slight turn off you can't deny that, but not so much that it disinterested me from applying/possibly attending.

i think the OP has too high of stats and CUSOM thinks that you will matriculate elsewhere.

i think the OP has too high of stats and CUSOM thinks that you will matriculate elsewhere.

I think you have a point. But individuals with similar (and higher) stats have been given secondaries/interviews. Maybe they are very fit for the school...

I think you have a point. But individuals with similar (and higher) stats have been given secondaries/interviews. Maybe they are very fit for the school...
Definitely email them and see what they say. Let us know too!