Rejected pre-secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstu2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do med. schools send an email or snail mail saying you were rejected or they just do not send you a secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

medstu2006 said:
Do med. schools send an email or snail mail saying you were rejected or they just do not send you a secondary?

usually, they send you an email telling you whetyher or not u got a secondary.

once your primary app is complete and processed, it doesn't mean that amcas will send out your app to your list of medical schools. amcas used to do it once every ciouple of weeks, but now, i think it's once a week.

so you shouldn't expect to get a secondary within a day or two. the last secondary i received was 2 months from when my primary was complete.

but again, if they reject you before secondary, they usually send u an email.

I've had both cases. With Wake Forest, I received an email notifying me about my rejection. but with UCSD, I just didn't get a secondary even though they've had my amcas since early early july, so I pretty much know I'm rejected. I don't know when they send the official letter of rejection but I know I'm not getting in anyway.