Rejected without interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ultimate_freak

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not the most upbeat topic, eh?

List of flat out rejects (pre or post secondary, no interview):

Tulane (post-secondary)

Members don't see this ad.

UCSD put me on hold for a secondary. what a joke! When I get off that list I'm sure I'll be on the hold for interview pile. This is a rejection, they should just tell me so I don't waste my time on them.

not to worry .. you are not alone. I've been rejected from Stanford, pritzker and UCSF.
UCSF didn't even send a secondary ... That really hurt.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCSF (pre-secondary)
Duke (post-secondary)
Univ of Washington (pre-secondary,out-of-state)

Cornell MD/PhD. First rejection. Still being considered for MD...but I don't think that's likely. The wonder of submitting your application late...rejections come later. :)

Case Western. And I worked so hard on their damned essay! :mad:

Chalk me up for Duke as well...talk about working hard on essays...

Anyway, that was my first rejection, and while I'm sure there are more on the way, I hope they don't come for awhile. :)

Case Western for me too, rejected right after they received my secondary, no interview offered.

Good school, but even if I get rejected from every other school that I havent heard from yet, I will be absolutely ecstatic with my position.

Anyone had post-secondary/no interview rejections from Rochester, MCW, U Maryland, or OHSU? Just curious . . . :rolleyes:

Originally posted by baylor21:
•Case Western for me too, rejected right after they received my secondary, no interview offered.

Good school, but even if I get rejected from every other school that I havent heard from yet, I will be absolutely ecstatic with my position.•••

You're all set, dude. I think the reason Case is doin this is to limit the number of out-of-staters it wants to consider. After all, they commit to a 60% in-state class.
My $.01

can you say "rejected without secondary"?
thanks UCSF...

Rejected without secondary from UCSF and Stanford. Of course this doesn't mean I'm not suited for a career in medicine. ;)

Originally posted by Monkeyrunner:
•Rejected without secondary from UCSF and Stanford. Of course this doesn't mean I'm not suited for a career in medicine. ;) •••

Hey, they plaigiarized that line from the Case letter! :D