Rejecting an acceptance to medical school for marriage + financial benefit and re-apply to one school: Is this academic suicide?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello All!
Thank you again for the feedback!
I discussed everything with my gf. I am absolutely refusing any form of loan from her due to the strain it will put on our relationship, and if she is seriously concerned about my loans than we can budget out greater allotments of money in our joint finances to pay them off faster. I reached out to my family and they will help with some costs of living to offset my school expenses. I will be attending school this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Hello All!
Thank you again for the feedback!
I discussed everything with my gf. I am absolutely refusing any form of loan from her due to the strain it will put on our relationship, and if she is seriously concerned about my loans than we can budget out greater allotments of money in our joint finances to pay them off faster. I reached out to my family and they will help with some costs of living to offset my school expenses. I will be attending school this year.

That’s a smarter move. I’d still pump the brakes based on the idea that she seems to want to separate finances after marriage; but that’s me. You do you and I wish you luck

Reactions: 1 users
That’s a smarter move. I’d still pump the brakes based on the idea that she seems to want to separate finances after marriage; but that’s me. You do you and I wish you luck

I’m with you. Seems more of a partnership of convenience. Not a marriage through up and downs in life together.

+1. I.d strongly suggest good, in depth premarital counseling. Marriage is about combining lives and goals. Separate finances is a fault line. Ever heard the verse, your money is where your heart is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user