Rejection 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Siggy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Official "I've been rejected from..." thread...

Wake Forest, at least I didn't have to send a secondary in...

Members don't see this ad.

Siggy said:

oh god i knew someone would start one of these eventually.
sorry buddy

Siggy said:

Dude that blows - but on the upside, you get to create the official hall of shame thread for 2007

Members don't see this ad :)
Siggy said:

I got rejected today too. Eh, whatever

I got rejected today too. I thought they would at least wait until August, jeez.
:(

nager105 said:
I got rejected today too. I thought they would at least wait until August, jeez.
:(
yeah but just look at it this way: now you know and you never have to think about that school again. sorry it didn't work out for you guys :(

nager and siggy, if you don't mind me asking, what were your MCATs and breakdowns??

i guess i should be expecting mine any moment, are you guys verified on amcas already? thanks

spospo said:
nager and siggy, if you don't mind me asking, what were your MCATs and breakdowns??
Mcat 29 B-10 Ps-9 V-10
GPA 3.33 BCPM 3.30
hmm, maybe I should have put my MDapp profile on here...

edit: So I'm finally getting around to finishing my DO app and I realized that I screwed up a part of my PS (the bulk is the same between the two apps). I kinda of ackwardly left off half a sentence at the end when I was talking about my ECs. Ohh, well, life goes on...

spospo said:

I had a 33R on the Aug 2005 test: 12PS, 10VR, R, 11BS. My GPA is low, BCPM: 3.25, CUM: 3.37, but I have tons of ECs. Whatever.

hmmmmmmm curious, well, some money saved. good luck with the rest of them everyone!!!!!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

I got rejected from UPenn pre-secondary because my college isn't accredited.

Siggy said:

Did you get an e-mail from them, or was it posted on their "applicant portal" thing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Aurora013 said:
Did you get an e-mail from them, or was it posted on their "applicant portal" thing?

i got an email with the rejection letter as a pdf attachement

Depakote said:
gotta love those.

i know, its like either it says "congratulations" and has a link or says "check the attachment." i guess they like to beat around the rejection bush as much as they can :)

spospo said:
i got an email with the rejection letter as a pdf attachement

Classy.

Hang in there guys! It's still super early :luck: :luck:

getting rejected this early must be a heartbreaker

rumor has it that wake puts the numbers into a computer to screen and will auto-reject anyone who has under a 10 in any subsection....i have just heard that so i could be wrong....but i can say i have heard it multiple times. their loss!

Kitra101 said:
rumor has it that wake puts the numbers into a computer to screen and will auto-reject anyone who has under a 10 in any subsection....i have just heard that so i could be wrong....but i can say i have heard it multiple times. their loss!

hmm well...glad i didn't apply to wake then? $30 saved! :rolleyes:

Kitra101 said:

Well then the MSAR lies. According to the 2007-2008 version the median MCAT is a 10 in each section, but the bottom of the ranges are:

VR: 5
PS: 5
BS: 4
WS: L (even though this doesn't matter).

NCF145 said:
Well then the MSAR lies. According to the 2007-2008 version the median MCAT is a 10 in each section, but the bottom of the ranges are:

VR: 5
PS: 5
BS: 4
WS: L (even though this doesn't matter).

Those scores are probably for URM's. URM's probably get an automatic secondary without being screened out.

ChymeChancellor said:
Those scores are probably for URM's. URM's probably get an automatic secondary without being screened out.

word.

ChymeChancellor said:

I was also looking through MDApplicants and saw a few who got the secondary with subscores below a nine. I don't necessarily think they have a hard fast rule for their screen.... idk.

Kitra101 said:

I had a 10 or better in every section, but that didn't save me so...

Wake seems kind of random. I had a science GPA below 3.5 which I thought would screen me out but I got through - seems like no rhyme or reason to me.

the formula they use is kinda weird: 1x(science GPA) + 1x(MCAT) + 2x(submitted Vin Diesel pics)

Anastasis said:
Wake seems kind of random. I had a science GPA below 3.5 which I thought would screen me out but I got through - seems like no rhyme or reason to me.

Schaden Freud said:
the formula they use is kinda weird: 1x(science GPA) + 1x(MCAT) + 2x(submitted Vin Diesel pics)
Yes!! I knew that instead of submitting a PS, submitting multiple pics of Vin would get me into the quality schools I long to attend.

ChymeChancellor said:

:rolleyes:

Are you out-of-state? Many schools have much tougher screening for out-of-state applicants.

Reading all this is nerve wrecking, I can't wait until this is all over

optimus3337 said:
Reading all this is nerve wrecking, I can't wait until this is all over

What optimus said. It's nerve-wracking, too.

Anastasis said:
Yes!! I knew that instead of submitting a PS, submitting multiple pics of Vin would get me into the quality schools I long to attend.

What happens to people when they try to broach the "many people think vin diesel is gay" angle with you? do you kill them? not that i'm trying to broach the angle. just wondering if you kill them.

sara3426 said:
What happens to people when they try to broach the "many people think vin diesel is gay" angle with you? do you kill them? not that i'm trying to broach the angle. just wondering if you kill them.
No I agree and start crying. Usually.

that's borderline offensive saying that it's just URMs. i highly doubt Upenn or any med school let's people in with 5s regardless of color. maybe they let one person in so please don't generalize it to all URMs. come on, from average of 10 to a 5?

EBI831 said:
that's borderline offensive saying that it's just URMs. i highly doubt Upenn or any med school let's people in with 5s regardless of color. maybe they let one person in so please don't generalize it to all URMs. come on, from average of 10 to a 5?

I think most of us have policies of NOT RESPONDING to affirmative-action-related posts. They proliferate if you let them, and the arguments never end, and never make new or interesting points. They just re-hash the same old emotional territory. Usually the mods are pretty good at confining them to the Topics in Healthcare forum.

nager105 said:
I had a 10 or better in every section, but that didn't save me so...

Did either of you take any pre-req's at Community Colleges? I know that Wake does not accept credit from non-4 yr. Universities.

DrLeoMarvin said:
Did either of you take any pre-req's at Community Colleges? I know that Wake does not accept credit from non-4 yr. Universities.

Is that for-sure? If so, I'm hosed. I've got both semesters of ochem and one of biology at a CC (I was working at the time, for crying out loud! I understand their concerns about quality of education, but most four-year universities don't work around people's duty hours.)

well i didn't get past the cut. i took all my classes at a 4yr university. none of my AP credits were in prereq classes. not really sure other than that why i didn't make it.

spospo said:
well i didn't get past the cut. i took all my classes at a 4yr university. none of my AP credits were in prereq classes. not really sure other than that why i didn't make it.

OK, I'm the latest winner of the asking-questions-that-are-easily-available-on-the-website award. :oops:

http://www1.wfubmc.edu/MDProgram/Admissions.htm
If a prerequisite course is completed at a community college, student must take subsequent courses in that discipline at a four-year college or university in the United States or Canada.

Here we go again with this BS....Ugh :mad:

ChymeChancellor said:

Wake forest told me that they are holding my secondary until my August mcat scores come in october. Not a rejection, but not a secondary either. previous Mcat of 28.

Anastasis said:

Umm....or it could be that a$$-kicker of an MCAT score you have, plus your good looks! :idea:

Pemberley said:
Is that for-sure? If so, I'm hosed. I've got both semesters of ochem and one of biology at a CC (I was working at the time, for crying out loud! I understand their concerns about quality of education, but most four-year universities don't work around people's duty hours.)

Thats really annoying. I took both chem and physics (and a few other classes) at a community college because I had to financially. We take the MCAT to standardize the "quality" of our classes (and I have an 11 in the PS, despite going to a crappy community college). :mad:

EBI831 said:
it's just a joke. sarcasm is a good remedy for "stickinyourassitis."

Anastasis said:
No I agree and start crying. Usually.
it's ok. they're just jealous because vin diesel is 100x cooler than they are. hahah the only movie i didn't like him in was that lawyer movie where he had hair...that movie poster was just funny to look at.

DrLeoMarvin said:

No, I took all of my pre-reqs at my regular undergrad university. I took orgo during the summer so maybe they didn't like that. I know many schools think that going through 2 semesters worth of class and lab in 8 weeks makes it easier, but whatever, my MCAT scores back up my understanding of pi bonds and the Diels-Alder rxn. so it probably wasn't that. It's got to be the low GPA.

DrLeoMarvin said:
I took all of my reqs at a 4 year. The only problem along that line that I can think of is that I'm not done with physics yet (taking physics 3C over summer [UCI=quarter system]).