Rejection from Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

kgal16

so i think AE will be sending out their rejection letters soon

how do i know this?
well i called the admissions office to see whats going on with my file
cuz i sent in my app more than 1 month ago
and they still haven't cashed my check

so i called just to make sure everything was ok

and the lady told me
that sometimes the financial aid office holds onto the checks for a while

that would have been fine
except she went on to look up my file on the computer
she said that my file was complete and that i should be getting a letter in the mail soon

this is the horrible part
when you read AE's email, it says that people will be invited for interviews via email
and that "DISPOSITION LETTERS" are sent via first class mail

so i guess what the letter this woman was talking about
that i was going to get soon
will be the REJECTION LETTER
cuz i sure as heck did not have an interview

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe she meant a letter in e-mail???

Don't lose hope ... they could send interviews by email AND snail mail ... it's too early to be discouraged!

Good luck!

call the bank and cancel your check asap

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by tester90024

HAHA
except how much you wanna bet that they will make you pay again, along with the stupid cancelled check fee

watch
they're gonna end up calling credit bureau on you if you dont pay

Originally posted by tester90024

Haha. Man, that was funny. :laugh:

But... what if she cancels the check only to find out that the letter is actually an invitation for an interview?? :confused:

Hm... I also have not had my check cashed.

Damn.

Hi there,

It ain't over until it's over! Seriously, she could have meant e-mail letter, so no worries.

In fact, I just received an e-mail from Albert Einstein today noting that my file is complete and now under review. Eeeep. :eek: I too, submitted my stuff a month ago. The nice/interesting thing about their e-mail is that it asks you to let them know if you will be in NYC in the upcoming months. In the event that an interview is forthcoming, the lovely folks there will try to slot it into the timeframe of your trip.

Cheers,
Kirsteen

Yeah, I highly recommend notifying schools ahead of time if you are coming to the area, its working VERY well for me and saving me big bucks. Some will just ask you for the dates, and you might not get the news sooner but you CAN save 300 bucks on a plane ticket.

I convinced GW to move my interview from 9/18 to 9/30. I've learned now not to confirm with schools immediately because they were reluctant to do this for me... especially after I gave the reason. But I'm just as interested in GW so I gladly get to do both in a two day period.