Rejection happens

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lostsnowbird

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just tacfully informed that VCU does not "wish to pursue my file further." Has anyone else been rejected from any schools at this point? And for those of y'all who've been through this already, is it a bad harbinger of things to come to be rejected so early?

Members don't see this ad.

lostsnowbird said:
I was just tacfully informed that VCU does not "wish to pursue my file further." Has anyone else been rejected from any schools at this point? And for those of y'all who've been through this already, is it a bad harbinger of things to come to be rejected so early?

check out the wall of shame (wall of fame/wall of lame/wall of shame thread)...you'll find some commiseraters there

lostsnowbird said:

One time I was rejected by this really cute girl, does that count?

Members don't see this ad :)
lostsnowbird said:

If this was pre-secondary, then at least they spared you the secondary application fee and the creation of any false hope - straight up rejection can be envigorating!

danjo said:
If this was pre-secondary, then at least they spared you the secondary application fee and the creation of any false hope - straight up rejection can be envigorating!

especially by WAKE FOREST! :sleep:

MD-To Be said:

Depends on how hot she is...if she's a legit 10, and you're an average joe, then it doesn't mean much. It'd be like trying to get into harvard when you know it's not gonna happen.
On the other hand, if she's one of those "really cute girls" after 10 beers, then that's more of an indicator that you probably won't be getting w/ any hotties. It'd be like getting rejected from the South Harmon Institute of Technology; you come to the realization that no other schools will take you.

MD-To Be said:

Yeah, a cute girl told me she didn't want to pursue my file further too.

I thought I had a pretty good file too.

A damn shame.

Oculus Sinistra said:
Yeah, a cute girl told me she didn't want to pursue my file further too.

I thought I had a pretty good file too.

A damn shame.

haha so I guess the secondary fee is like paying for the first date?
and the cost of getting to the interview is like buying an engagement ring when you dont know if she even likes you?

MD-To Be said:
Only one time?

quantummechanic said:
and the cost of getting to the interview is like buying an engagement ring when you dont know if she even likes you?

An engagement ring is more like a LOI.

"I intend to matriculate into a marriage with you."

Oculus Sinistra said:
An engagement ring is more like a LOI.

"I intend to matriculate into a marriage with you."

and in may, when you have to decline admission to all but one school, thats like the "it's her or me" scenario?

and i assume the MCAT/GPA is the hours in the gym you devote to buff up your body?

and the primary app? is that like speed dating?

quantummechanic said:
It's like your date comes to pick you up, takes one look at you and speeds off without so much as a "hello my name is...." :laugh: