Rejection letter up-to-date!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jackmac

Hi ppl,
For the past 2 weeks, I have already received 3 rejections...Wayne State, Wake Forest, and Loyola. How about you guys? I feel kinda depressed now....probably get myself drunk......Take care for now,
JACK

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear that. I got my first rejection about 2 weeks ago and got a hold for interview letter at another school. Otherwise, no news from anyone else as of yet.

Hopefully, things will get better for us later on.

I got rejected TWICE from Wisconsin. Once after AMCAS was submitted and once after they got my MCAT scores...

UCLA Paratrooper

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies,

UCLA PARATROOPER, the rejection you got....is that University of Wisconsin or Medical college of Wisconsin?
JACK

Try to remember that not everyone on SDN has multiple acceptances, or even interviews. Try not to be to hard on yourself and hopefully you'll have some good news soon:)

It is still very early in the app cycle so don't despair. Remember that persistance is the key. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the rejections were from University of Wisconsin...

UCLA Paratrooper

I'm sorry to hear about your rejections. 3 in 2 weeks is tough. I have five rejections already, if that makes you feel any better.

At least I can say that I am getting closer to my goal. :( So what if I got 5 rejections. I still got 20 more schools to go. :(

Have a beer on me. I wish I was brave enough to get myself drunk.

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
I'm sorry to hear about your rejections. 3 in 2 weeks is tough. I have five rejections already, if that makes you feel any better.

At least I can say that I am getting closer to my goal. :( So what if I got 5 rejections. I still got 20 more schools to go. :(

Have a beer on me. I wish I was brave enough to get myself drunk.

Hey Tweetie, you don't have to get too drunk. One's enough to smile. :) I'm going to go shopping for my favorite drinks & will have a toast w/ my b-friend for every rejection! Applying to 24 total myself---1 actual + 1 potential rejection so far. Well, at least the aug mcat gives us a longer grace period before the rejections come in.

Btw, how are your wedding plans coming along? Congratulations! I wish i could get engaged or something that exciting to take my mind off med school.

Guys, its still early in the process. Im pulling for all of you -- esp. Tweetie who would be a real asset for any med school. We need more rounded people who've had to struggle in the real world unlike most of the coddled overachievers fresh out of the Ivies who haven't had to work for anything in their life (I admit I may be one of those).

My advice is if you're concerned, contact the schools, write them, call them, tell them you really want to go there, ask to meet with the dean, in short put a face to your application.

Tweetie,
If you don't mind me asking. What school rejected you?
JACK

Originally posted by Nefertari
Hey Tweetie, you don't have to get too drunk. One's enough to smile. :) I'm going to go shopping for my favorite drinks & will have a toast w/ my b-friend for every rejection! Applying to 24 total myself---1 actual + 1 potential rejection so far. Well, at least the aug mcat gives us a longer grace period before the rejections come in.

Btw, how are your wedding plans coming along? Congratulations! I wish i could get engaged or something that exciting to take my mind off med school.

hey, whatever works! my fiancee doesn't drink either or I'd be wasted every weekend after every rejection. Marriage plans are going great; we have (get this right.....) over 800 people attending so it's going to be quite the event. But we're excited!! It's kinda tough getting married smack in the middle of the application cycle. I will be gone for a whole month so I'm getting paranoid....I don't want a rush of rejections/acceptances/interview invites just when I'm gone.

Scootad: thank you for the vote of confidence. You guys have no idea how much your faith in me means just when I'm down. If only people on here were my friends in real life.

Jack: I got rejected from Wake Forest, Miami, GTown, Nevada, and Mayo. Mayo hurt the most cuz I love their emphasis on ethics. GTown hurt too cuz I think my essay was so good, they might ask me to do their catalog next year. LOL. I had a lot of faith in that essay....oh well.

Tweetie,
800 PEOPLE!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
I'm just curious, how do you know 800 people? I thought weddings with 300 people were huge, but 800 that's crazy. Nonetheless, congrats.
-jkways
p.s. I feel sorry for whoever has to pay for that:)

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
Marriage plans are going great; we have (get this right.....) over 800 people attending so it's going to be quite the event. But we're excited!! It's kinda tough getting married smack in the middle of the application cycle. I will be gone for a whole month so I'm getting paranoid....I don't want a rush of rejections/acceptances/interview invites just when I'm gone.
Wow, Tweetie! Reminds me of that movie "Monsoon Wedding". If you get overwhelmed, just go hide & have some private time w/ your new hubby. Glad to hear the preparations are going smoothly! It'll be a good break from applications. Don't worry, just have someone check your mail!

i've been rejected from 3 also (UCSF, Stanford, and Georgetown).... but it's okay, I suppose. Life goes on and as I'd like to believe and I hope you believe it also, it is their loss and not ours. :)