Rejections, how many and where?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BlackPuma

Ok, people time to have a thread for this section... :D if you have the courage to post here then go for it...

I got rejected yesterday from the University of Utah....apparently, they take mostly instate residents.....don't even ask me why I applied there :D heheh ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Saturday night while I was staying with my boys before an interview. About 5'8", very cute, she was drinkin a martini at this 'sophisticated professionals' joint. Rejected flat out- no secondary. Oh well, would've peeved my girlfriend something fierce. --Trek

Two so far--Nebraska (or Nevada)(don't remember) and Indiana. Without the august mcat, too! my gpa is 3.79 overall, 3.83 science. Don't know why the hell i applied to midwestern schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know why you applied to Nebraska either, but I can tell you why they rejected you without seeing your MCAT scores...

Because the University of Nebraska realizes that 99% of applicants from California have zero interest in attending their school, and less than zero interest in practicing medicine in Nebraska. You simply checked their box, along with 40-60 others, so that you've got a backup when the super-selective UC schools reject you.

Your inability to distinguish between Nebraska and Nevada (which are many hundreds of miles apart) is classic California/East Coast snobbery and ignorance. Those of us who enjoy the good life of the midwest don't need you as classmates.

Hey blue, don't lump us East Coasties (for school anyway) together like that! I've ridden many a race in both lincoln and Reno, and love the places. But wouldn't want to live there and didn't disrespect by tossing $50 at each one with no interest in the school or state. --Trek

Originally posted by bluegill:
•I don't know why you applied to Nebraska either, but I can tell you why they rejected you without seeing your MCAT scores...

Because the University of Nebraska realizes that 99% of applicants from California have zero interest in attending their school, and less than zero interest in practicing medicine in Nebraska. You simply checked their box, along with 40-60 others, so that you've got a backup when the super-selective UC schools reject you.

Your inability to distinguish between Nebraska and Nevada (which are many hundreds of miles apart) is classic California/East Coast snobbery and ignorance. Those of us who enjoy the good life of the midwest don't need you as classmates.•

•Your inability to distinguish between Nebraska and Nevada (which are many hundreds of miles apart) is classic California/East Coast snobbery and ignorance. Those of us who enjoy the good life of the midwest don't need you as classmates.•

Interesting... If California has 'snobbery' what do you call what you just typed?

going back to my 'bad' life,

Andrew

•I don't know why you applied to Nebraska either, but I can tell you why they rejected you without seeing your MCAT scores...

Your inability to distinguish between Nebraska and Nevada (which are many hundreds of miles apart) is classic California/East Coast snobbery and ignorance. Those of us who enjoy the good life of the midwest don't need you as classmates.•

geez that was a little too offensive....tone it down!

:eek:

I am also from california and I applied to midwestern schools....having said that, I HAVE LIVED in the midwest before, but there is no way for the adcom to know unless they ask me......so just because we are from the west, doesnt mean "Everyone" doesnt have an interest.....I don't understand why you made such a generalization....

TAKE PITY on us Californians. We have the smallest percent of seats available for applicants within the state. It sucks, horribly.

I don't think there is any need to be rude, bluegill. I did live in midwest for a while (WI and Illinois), its not bad, but nothing compares to California! Midwest is snobby on its own, as is the South--every region has its hang ups, there is no reason to fuss about it or make it an issue. You want to talk about snobbery--look at U of Iowa, they make Harvard look like a high school (or so they think). :p

This isn't the TPR forum.........everyone should just "cool out".

crass generalizations suck. Anyway, back to the topic of this thread (as it was intended). I have been rejected by U. of South Carolina and U. of Alabama, both because of being out of state according to the rejection letters. My confidence is really starting to waver hearing about all these folks who have interviews (I have none so far) and some already being accepted. Oh, well, it just takes one acceptance to make a doc, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

We down here in south alabama don't take none of that snobbery, you hear now. I'm fixing to dropkick bluegill.

I'm witcha there...Im fixing to light up a can of whoop a.. on him too. We don't take no crap here at South.

Hey Rohibest and Lamyers I'm with Y'ALL on that one. Give it up for da Dirty Dirty!

Nebraska (yes, I am sure it was Nebraska) rejected me two weeks ago flat-out. No secondary, but at least they saved me the secondary application fee. :)

"Rejected" from Meharry, since I had to decline their interview invitation

add me to the list of Nebraska rejects.

yeah dirty south! (ATL representin')
** don't mind the "boston" label... ;)

Rejected from Univ. of Tenessee. Rude rejection too.

E'01--why did you decline Mehary interview? Jiffy Boy, tell us about the "rudeness" in your letter.

Hi Nochaser - The interview was scheduled from 8-5pm. The last flights I could find leaving from Nashville and bringing me home to NY, was around 5:45pm. That would be cutting it too close and I didn't find the admissions lady too flexible at all. So basically I would have to spend two nights (the night before the interview and the night of the interview) in a hotel (they don't have applicants staying with med students) and the flight alone was roughly $250....everthing including several roundtrip taxi rides, food, etc would be about $500. That was was way more than what I had initially budgeted, so I told them I was unable to make it due to financial concerns.