Rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virya

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When do the schools start sending the rejections.. especially texas medical schools? Do they send as they review applications?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends a lot on the school. Some just won't respond (lol), called the "silent rejection." This hasn't happened to me yet, and I don't know if it really happens or it is just a rumor, haha.

Some started rejecting awhile ago. Boston rejected me like... 2 weeks ago I want to say.

Members don't see this ad :)
When do the schools start sending the rejections.. especially texas medical schools? Do they send as they review applications?

I applied to 12 schools last year and got 10 rejections Feb onwards.

The other 2 were pre-secondary rejections from the fall.

Not very helpful, eh?

It's all school dependent. I got a rejection just a few months ago from the previous cycle. Talk about delayed reactions...

Thank you all. That helps.

It depends a lot on the school. Some just won't respond (lol), called the "silent rejection." This hasn't happened to me yet, and I don't know if it really happens or it is just a rumor, haha.

Some started rejecting awhile ago. Boston rejected me like... 2 weeks ago I want to say.

Jefferson does the "silent rejection" bit.

A lot of schools tend to send them right when summer begins (a few weeks after the last interviews) so you'll probably get a few then.

BU and GW were very quick to reject.

I applied to some Texas schools. If I don't get an interview call before December, I should assume that my application has been rejected. Correct?

will the schools who are late to reject, just keep your status as under review or will they at least change that to pre-interview hold or something?

will the schools who are late to reject, just keep your status as under review or will they at least change that to pre-interview hold or something?

Most of them were via the "silent" method, hold status never updated online, unless you give them a phone call to find out (the ones that allow you to, some don't). Calling is much quicker than email -- they literally just type your AMCAS number or last name into their database and check your status that way.

I got my rejection from BU and Nebraska within two weeks of sending in secondary.